Where to go offroad in Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to go offroad in Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas

MattStarr

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
St Petersburg, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' EB Expedition
I am going to school in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am wondering if there is anywhere to drive on the beach (legally) or anywhere to go offroad. I am new to the area so I would like to find some cool places to go.

I don't think you can drive on the beach. I tried to find a place the past couple years I've been there on vacation with no luck.

Cool place to go? Cruise the strip! I know, it's not wheeling, but you can show off the truck to all the ladies. :)

There is no where to drive on the beach. I went to school down there too, about 8 years ago, and we just went out driving on some of the dirt/sand roads out in Conway, the outskirts of Conways that is, and found some riding around stuff, but nothing I would consider wheeling material. Ask around when you get there and you might find some locals that know where some stuff is.

Actually, the last time I was there I had some locals checking out my truck and wanted to know if I'd go wheeling with them. They said they knew a few good places to go. I didn't go though because I wanted to keep my truck shiny for cruising the strip.

Quick question: Do you realize how many drunk girls you can fit into one Explorer while cruising the strip? Heh heh, I do. :)

Back