Which coils interchange with rough country 4" lift brackets? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which coils interchange with rough country 4" lift brackets?

93liftedXLT

Reaction score
City, State
left coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
I currently have the RC 4" lift and brackets. I really hate the ride on the RC coils very rough off road. Looking for softer coil. what is the max size coil that can be ran with a 4-inch RC lift? Thanks fellas

Are you talking about a taller coil? A taller coil will fit in there, but it will mess up the geometry of the front end. Some of it can adjusted for with different camber bushings.
I’m running 4” skyjacker coils in a 2.5” Rancho lift. My alignment is not perfect, but good enough. I went with those coils for a softer spring rate, and more lift.
Do you know what spring rate your RC coils have?

Are you talking about a taller coil? A taller coil will fit in there, but it will mess up the geometry of the front end. Some of it can adjusted for with different camber bushings.
I’m running 4” skyjacker coils in a 2.5” Rancho lift. My alignment is not perfect, but good enough. I went with those coils for a softer spring rate, and more lift.
Do you know what spring rate your RC coils have?
I'm not sure. They are stiff tho. Bouncing around on rocks. Hard to find coils these days. 4-6"

Back