Who is "awaiting shipment?" | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

Ok.....was just on anther post and saw that you can pull up the window sticker. So i put in the VIN that the dealer gave me almost 4 weeks ago and low and behold - it isn't my vehicle. So all my calls to CS i have been giving them the wrong VIN.

So i called my dealer and they gave me the correct VIN and as it turns out the vehicle has been released for shipment according to CS and intransit according to my dealer!

They say it should arrive March 30............I am not sure what to think anymore!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found this on the Donlen website concerning Ford, AWD orders and SHIPPING!

"03/11/11

All Manufacturers

Transportation/Shipping Delays – National rail car shortages and weather over the past month have significantly disrupted the flow of vehicles from manufacturers to dealers and created a backlog that is creating additional logistic challenges. These delays are impacting all manufactures. Chrysler and General Motors have been hit the hardest due to the location of some of their plants. Delays are ranging from several days to weeks. Areas impacted the most include the Midwest, North Central and North East parts of the country.

Ford
US only Ford MY2011 Taurus, Edge, Flex, Escape, Explorer with AWD/4x4 orders balanced out date of 3/09/11. Demand for these vehicles and body styles have exceeded supply. Ford is making every effort to build orders received on and prior to 3/09/11 and will continue to accept will-try orders placed on 3/10 or after. Customers with orders placed that receive the balance out message will be advised. Ford anticipates these options will be available for the start up of MY12."

Thought is was our experience.

I found this on the Donlen website concerning Ford, AWD orders and SHIPPING!

"03/11/11

All Manufacturers

Transportation/Shipping Delays – National rail car shortages and weather over the past month have significantly disrupted the flow of vehicles from manufacturers to dealers and created a backlog that is creating additional logistic challenges. These delays are impacting all manufactures. Chrysler and General Motors have been hit the hardest due to the location of some of their plants. Delays are ranging from several days to weeks. Areas impacted the most include the Midwest, North Central and North East parts of the country.

Ford
US only Ford MY2011 Taurus, Edge, Flex, Escape, Explorer with AWD/4x4 orders balanced out date of 3/09/11. Demand for these vehicles and body styles have exceeded supply. Ford is making every effort to build orders received on and prior to 3/09/11 and will continue to accept will-try orders placed on 3/10 or after. Customers with orders placed that receive the balance out message will be advised. Ford anticipates these options will be available for the start up of MY12."

Thought is was our experience.

this was clarified by craig on fb, it is for fleet orders only.

Just got confirmation from Seni that my Ex is at the dealership! Original build date of 3/15, so there is hope that you won't be stuck in awaiting shipment for much longer!

Just talked to our dealer. They have no idea why our car is STILL awaiting shipment so they called the rep. The rep says some were held for a "re-check" and apparently ours was in that bunch. No new ETA at this time. I was hesitant to buy Ford based on a bad previous experience but thought I'd give it a try. Hope I don't regret my decision. So far I'm not too impressed.

I dont mind the wait as long as my Ex is perfect when it gets here!

Just talked to our dealer. They have no idea why our car is STILL awaiting shipment so they called the rep. The rep says some were held for a "re-check" and apparently ours was in that bunch. No new ETA at this time. I was hesitant to buy Ford based on a bad previous experience but thought I'd give it a try. Hope I don't regret my decision. So far I'm not too impressed.

Its probably better that they kept your Ex for a few days to re-check an make it near perfect, rather then you getting it and then having to bring it the dealer in order for them to adjust something, y'know? I know the wait sucks, were waiting too... But I got one of the first new Ford Edge Sports
Edgesport1.jpg

and as great as it is, it wasnt near perfect. It took a few trips to the dealer to get most of the bugs worked out. Im a patient guy, my Wife???? Well, shes not so patient. So if the Ex came in on time, and then it had to go back a few times... Id be in for a lot of grief. If it has to go in after all of this waiting???? I might be in for a divorce.:p:

Mine is officially awaiting shipment as of today. Build date of 3/26. I have my profile ready to go at syncmyride, my android app loaded, and a spot cleared in the driveway. The next 2-3 weeks will be agonizing.

Its probably better that they kept your Ex for a few days to re-check an make it near perfect, rather then you getting it and then having to bring it the dealer in order for them to adjust something, y'know? I know the wait sucks, were waiting too... But I got one of the first new Ford Edge Sports
Edgesport1.jpg

and as great as it is, it wasnt near perfect. It took a few trips to the dealer to get most of the bugs worked out. Im a patient guy, my Wife???? Well, shes not so patient. So if the Ex came in on time, and then it had to go back a few times... Id be in for a lot of grief. If it has to go in after all of this waiting???? I might be in for a divorce.:p:

I would like to think that they are making sure everything is perfect but I believe the issue is where it is stored or a computer glitch. The one I put on hold at the dealer has been on a hold twice since it's Dec or Jan build and in and out of awaiting shipment. No one seems to want to address the issue so I am probably going to reserve on that is being built next week for my dealer.

Edgesport1.jpg

Off topic, but love that Edge Sport. If my wife didn't "just have to have" the third row that would be the car!

Was able to print out the window sticker yesterday.

Dealer says that it is scheduled to be shipped April 4th. We are only 2.5 hours away from downtown Chicago so I'm guessing it will be by truck.

I am having a minor problem with the $750.00 rebate. At first I was unable to open the link. Now I can, and it only has my first name, no last name and no address. Is that normal? It does have my customer ID number. I have contacted Seni.

How long did it take you to get the e-mail? I order mine on Monday evening and just found out yesterday that I pick my EX up today!!!!!

If I understand your question correctly, I ordered the car in the middle of February, and was told at that time to not expect it before the middle of April.

I was talking about the brochure with the rebate in it! Not important now anyway. I talked to Ford Marketing and they said that my brochure won't be coming with any incentives in it. They said not all of them do and when they looked me up in the system I was one that isn't getting anything!

Oh well. Hadn't been planning on it for 11 1/2 weeks so nothing really lost!

A few days after I ordered the brochure I got an email from Ford with the rebate. As I noted above, I couldn't open it at first. When I was able to open it it only had my first name in it, but it did have a customer ID.

Add me too. Ordered on 2/23, built and, according a PM from Seni yesterday, with an ETA of 3/28. I'll check back with her again next week.

I ordered on 2/28 and the vehicle was produced on 3/24 and was in transit the same day. According to Ford customer service, the vehicle is in Salem, Illinois and heading my way with a due date of 4/6. Getting close!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just talked with Customer Service. Now there way be a problem with tuxedo black and some of the reds due to the earthquake and Tsunami..Anyone else hear this??

Back