Who is "awaiting shipment?" | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

Check SMR to see if software has been updated again.

Nope, here's what it says.

SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.7
BT4T-14D546-AL
BT4T-14F496-AN
BT4T-14F497-AL
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE
BT4T-14F603-AL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine shows that it was loaded with V2.4 on 2/25/2011.

I guess this means I am not any closer to receiving my Explorer.....

Ordered 1/28
Built wk of 2/24
ETA ????

Ordered 1/28
Built wk of 2/24
ETA ????

How are you not going crazy!?!? Again, if I was told from the beginning the wait was 12 weeks, I'd be more content. I'm just irritated that everyone I talk to has no idea why my car is sitting there. Yours has been there even longer!!!

I am going crazy...so much I'm thinking about reconsidering my vehicle choice.

How are you not going crazy!?!? Again, if I was told from the beginning the wait was 12 weeks, I'd be more content. I'm just irritated that everyone I talk to has no idea why my car is sitting there. Yours has been there even longer!!!

I ordered 1/31/ build 2/7, still shows ETA of 2/14, going crazy too.

Now I'm not feeling so bad...sorry. I can't believe you've been waiting that long...has anyone told you why? I just have a bad feeling our car is going to fall into that "black hole" and it's going to be August and I'll still be wondering where it is!

I won't be waiting until August, I'll jump & pull the parachute cord............

At what point does the dealer or someone at Ford Customer Service...or SOMEONE re-order the car...or something?

I played the waiting game too. Mine was built 2/24, and ordered in December. I just found out it arrived today -- 4months after order! But, three weeks ago I bought a new Durango because I could no longer tolerate the lack of information and "awaiting shipping" status for weeks on end. After driving it to Utah for skiing and back to So. Cal., and seeing it's capability in the middle of several hours of heavy falling snow, I have zero regrets and zero issues.

Ordered 1/28
Built wk of 2/24
ETA ????

Probably sitting right next to mine, same dates except I ordered Jan 14. Stopped by my dealer Monday to sign some paperwork to lock in the $1000 rebate, he had his manager call Ford who came out and told me some song and dance about Ford signing a contract with a union carrier but GM had not and was blocking shipments, yadayada, whatever just another story. Back to waiting now, my only concern was those rebates, and I am fine driving my current vehicle until it comes in. Hoping to get it sometime during 2011.

With the vehicle having the MTF v2.4, I don't see receiveing it anytime soon.

Hey all!

As you may have figured out, I was away on Wednesday and returned yesterday. I have been working hard to get through all of your emails and will continue to do so today. Thank you in advance for your patience. :)

~Seni

Ordered 1/28, built 3/29, sync 3/30. called today & my kona blue XLT is "in transit", with a delivery period of 4/8-4/15.

Update on mine...never left Chicago, was never "in transit".
Continues to say same delivery window, no update since 3/31.

Also..no change on my sync, still shows 2.7, so it hasn't been pulled for any upgrade.

EDIT: called CRC & they tell me that my XLT is in Norfolk, VA.
Of course they gave me an ETA of today...unless that puppy sprouts wings, that ain't happening! LOL
At least it appears to be on the move.

Last edited:

just got the best news of the year: the special order explorer has been shipped. Now in transit officially.

Thank you to the awesomeness that is SENI!

Hopefully ill have some pics up monday

Ordered on 2/14, built on 3/17, was "in transit" as of 4/1 with an ETA of 4/4...but guess what no X yet and no updated ETA. I Had my hopes up each day this week just to get let down each day. :(

Still awaiting shipment with an ETA of 3/26. I've been out shopping for something else this weekend but there's not much that really catches my eye.

My dealer did call me Thursday and basically said they can't get any information from Ford on when the vehicle may ship and that I should probably start looking for other alternatives if I have to have a vehicle soon, not very encouraging.

just ordered!

Wow!! I just ordered 4/6 waiting to get my window sticker or vin i guess is the first thing to hear. I was told 6-8 weeks but now im scared ill be waiting forever. Hopefully im lucky. Seems like ford would have some sort of tracking system like UPS that is accurate. O well we will see what happens.

Ordered on 2/14, built on 3/17, was "in transit" as of 4/1 with an ETA of 4/4...but guess what no X yet and no updated ETA. I Had my hopes up each day this week just to get let down each day. :(

Well...she finally arrived Friday. So far I am loving it!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back