Why no late model lifts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why no late model lifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there no companies that make lifts for late model exlorer's that make them for all other suv's. How can they not make a lift for a the best selling suv. I have e-mailed almost every company and wholesaler that I could and they either dont e-mail me back or tell me there isn't one avalible. Every day I think "why didnt I get a jeep".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keith, I have ran into the same problem with my 96.there are some manufacturers that make body lifts but I can not find any one that has a suspention lift.I feel your madness to.they flat out told me that they were putting all the techno into the jeeps because its a bigger market.Well we will have to wait a few more years before they get off there ass and see are explorer's needs.good luck.cya

What we have to do I bug them to make one maybe then they will see the market. If we just sit back and wait nothing will ahppen but if we e-mail, call, and write letters maybe they will do something.

Thats a good idea if we can get a lot of people that want lifts for 95+ explorers and then mail comments from the people that want them they might consider making a lift.

Keith, Jobless,
I to have been waiting for a suspension lift for my 95+ Explorer (actually 1995XLT). About the closest would be Superlift, since they just came out with one for the Ranger, which has a torqusion bar suspension like the Explorer. The problem is that it won't work on the Explorer because there are some differences between the Ranger and Explorer in the front end. If we all write,email,call Superlift, I think we have a chance to get them to come up with one, since they would only have to modify the Rangers lift to make it compatable with the Explorer, or if we could get a straight answer on what the differences are between the Ranger and the Explorer, then maybe someone could modify the Ranger lift to work on the Explorer. PeteT and I have been calling them, but if everyone starts calling, emailing, and writing them, I would think we would be able to get an answer to these questions. I think that we should concentrate on Superlift.
The reason that most companies don't make off-road aftermarket products for the Explorer, as told to me by a OME representitive was "although the Explorer is the biggest selling SUV, only about 3% of the owners actually modify their Explorer, and we don't feel that is a big enough market to develop products for it". Dead Link Removed
HANG IN THERE GUYS.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
95 XLT 4X4

Lift kit marketing to SUV owners has always been pathetic.

If I was making my living building or selling lift kits I would emphasize the clone like nature of the average SUV and tell people that they can safely and economically build a more personlized vehicle.

No need to drive the same old, same old...Break the mold and make your Explorer live up to it's name!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

You have my full permission to add my name to the christmas "lift" list! Dead Link Removed I'm also looking to lift my '96 Explorer. I've heard the Duff 2.5" lift is a good one, has anyone tried that on a 95+?

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

Ok, guys lets do this thing now.lets start thrashing them with e-mail,phone calls,letters what ever it takes to wake them up to the real world of what real 4x4's what and need.I am with you all the way.it would be nice for them to test and be a proven lift . maybe we have a big enough voice to MAKE a DIFFERNCE. With any luck I too can get my x-mas gift.

To all 95+ owners,
I talked to Superlift sales, and they said that they are in deed working on a 4" lift for the 95+ Explorer. He said that the only difference between the Ranger and the Explorer was the cross beams are different, but they were looking at having it come out in about a month. He also didn't know why this hasn't been publicly announced yet. So here's what we all need to do. call Superlift and bombard them with calls. Let's see if there story changes, or still remains the same. Dead Link Removed
The number for superlift is 1-800-551-4955.
the Sales managers name is Terry extension 217, he should be the one that can tell us why no public announcement, so I figure he's the one to bug. Dead Link Removed If they give you an answer other than the one I have written here, Post it here so we can call them on it.

Remember "Persistance Rules Over All".
------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. Dead Link Removed
95 XLT 4X4

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 03-05-99).]

MAn I wish I posted this topic a little earlier. Anyway I will call them up and post what they say.

Whats up with superlifts web page?? They have been working on it for months.

Keith

hey guys,

i'm down too. i'm sick of my brother, who has a lifted jeep tj, making fun of me saying that i don't belong off-road. i'll be calling and pestering superlift until they make one. as far as getting a mailing list or group pressure going, i'm down also. please post any further developments.

I wonder why they would choose to ingnore a vehicle that has production figures of half a million units per year. Seems like bad business to me.

How much do you think something like that would cost. I was at there web page yesterday and sent them an e-mail asking them if they offered any thing for late model explorers that what gave me the idea to post that question on the board.

Your best bet is to give them a call. Ask for Torrey. He can be reached at their McDowell store 1-602-272-2433.

Tell him exactly what you want, how you will be using your Explorer (prerunning, rock crawling, street, etc.)and what you expect out of the lift in the way of durability.

A first time custom lift like this would most likely take them several days to build.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Hey guys,
I would also like to be a part of the push for 95+ explorer lift kits. I own a 97 and am definately a potential customer. I had no idea that there were so many potential buyers for lift kits, and if they decide not to fabricate one at this point then they really are doing bad business over at Superlift. I pledge to be a part of any e-mail or phone call bombardment, if that would help. I also recall reading a previous message about getting all of us potential customers together over e-mail and responding together to superlift.... well you can add me to that list too guys! Please keep me posted, and I'll do the same.

Just got back from Tahoe. Glad you guys started this thread! I am definitely down for operation harass superlift! Ray and I have been struggling for well over a year with lifting questions! Ray, did Superlift mention the price of this lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Pete,
How's it going? No I didn't ask them, but I will as soon as I get finished moving. I got my manual hubs finally. Dead Link Removed I won't be able to put them on just yet, for the above reasons, Dead Link Removed but that will be the first thing I do once I'm finished. It seems that Keith called them and they told him that they weren't going to make one. Dead Link Removed Can anyone else call them and post what they told you. Try talking to the sales manager Terry. His extension is posted on one of the previous postings that I made. I hope they aren't just feeding us a bunch of S*@t. Don't try to needle them, just ask if they are going to make one. Oh and Please pass the word around so we can get as many posts on this thread requesting a lift kit for your 95+ models.
UNITED WE STAND! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
95 XLT 4X4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back