Will 12.5's rub and if so on what? and bronco pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 12.5's rub and if so on what? and bronco pics

Lux

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
I'm building an explorer on a broke man's budget, its a 93 sport.

My tires are busted and dryrotted so i found a guy that has 31 x 12.5's all 4 for 75 bucks (mismatched) 2 thornbirds for the back and two futura terrains for the front 50-60 % tread.

I've searched but theres contradictory answers so i figured i'd post and maybe you guys would know.

Now in the lift and tire thread it says 15x8 rims, but i see stock is 15 x7, which is stock for the 93 if someone could tell me?

Also, i've talked to some people and they said they could probably fit 31 x 12.5's on stock explorer rims since they are 31's, so here is the question, what will it rub using the stock rim? I dont mind bending, cutting, trimming, etc.

I have some warrior shackles for the back, and i could get some coil seats for the front (might while i hav the tires off and do wheel bearings) but i would like to wait if i could on that.

So what do you guys think, will the tires fit on the rims and what will they rub on, the rad arms? anything else? If its just the rad arms thats no big deal, just means i cant fully turn lock to lock.

Here's the bronco stock -

l_840847342995441faa008486adbb837a.png

l_dc47a8f1b5d3ae7f8a81643044639686.png

I fit 36.5's on a stock fullsize bronco...so like i said, i dont mind trimming. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will most likely rub on the swaybar at full lock and "might" hit the front bumper and the bottom part of the fenderwell at the rear of the fenderwell.

thanks for the info, i'll cut the bumper if i have to, no biggie.

on a good note, my other buddy just called me up and has a set of 2 all terrains 31 x 10's (which i'll run in the front) and 30 x 9.5's for 7.50 each (disposal fee) :D

I'll run the thornbirds out back and the all terrain 31 x10's up front, should have no problem then, right? :thumbsup:

Back