Will 20" wheels fit a UK Ex ? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Will 20" wheels fit a UK Ex ?

Guys,

I have a 1998 Explorer, I am in the UK and trying to find styling bits is a nightmare, I have found a place that according to their brochure sold 20" wheels to fit the EX, I rang them and they said that there was no way any other size wheels will fit other than the original 16" items due to the EX's unusual offset !!!!!!! :confused:

What's the score ? Are they talking rubbish ?

I have seen loads of Ex's on www.cardomain.com with larger wheels & tyres....is the offset of the UK Ex different to the US model ?

I need some big wheels to fill out my arches and stop Shogun drivers laughing at my massive overhangs ! :fire:

Cheers

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

<

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
they are full of crap, a 20" wheel will fit fine... there is nothing unusual about the offset, you just need to make sure you know what you are getting

<

Nippon

Reaction score
City, State
York,England
Year, Model & Trim Level
98,XLT
As I thought, cheers guys ;)

<

Reaction score
City, State
ESSEX , UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EXPLORER
hi nippon m8 good to see someone else in the uk.
have you tried www.dgt-international.com they are based in basildon essex i am going to give them a go myself when i get some time but i don't see it being a prob fitting 20".as for styling i'm in the same boat.i did e-mail honest charley about a front lower bumper but had no reply if i find anything i'll let you know :cool:

<

Nippon

Reaction score
City, State
York,England
Year, Model & Trim Level
98,XLT
Hi mate,

I've found a place in the UK that does 20"s and 22"s for the EX

http://www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk

But nothing on the styling front.....only Ford and they want a grand for the Mk3 Northface front and rear bumpers.....guess I'd better start saving !

<