Window Side Vents / Deflectors | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

I bought mine on e-bay. Type in 2011 ford explorer parts and assesories. You can buy the factory O.E.M deflectors for your explorer . Your dealer can get them also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The better one are from weather tech or egr and they are not in the market yet be calm and wait they make better ones that what fords !! Trust me i have a 330i, cts4,explorer !!

I dont know if you are talking about something different but I picked up and installed in-channel window vents from Lund International

http://www.lundinternational.com/products/ventvisors-windows/ventvisor/

Took all of about 15 minutes to install and look/work great. Just make sure they are installed correctly which dry fitting will help to see the proper way with window operation. 1st one takes the longest, the rest are a breeze.

I agree with Border. I just got the Lund in-channel vents online for around $60. I've had them on my 2000 Explorer for the last 11 years and 175k miles. Never a problem from the day I installed and they look much better than the Ford vents.

I have them on mine, oem FORD. It's a piece of plastic, how much difference can there be between manufactureres?! I like mine, there is nothing wrong with them.

Please check out the egr ones they are inchannel much longer they go all the way down to the front mirror. Nicer than the oem ones !

Thanks NewportNJ

Please check out the egr ones they are inchannel much longer they go all the way down to the front mirror. Nicer than the oem ones !

I Checked out the EGR one's and that's what we went with, besides they were cheaper than the ford ones anyways.:D

I don't know when you bought your egr vent visor i ordered mines in feb 8 2011 and they where not in stock becuase they where in development ( r d)
i just got them in yesterday same has the ones from weather tech 2006 explorer inchannel but weather tech doesn't have them yet neither. I rather have the weather tech but still in development i speak to their development staff all the time. So if you have the egr when did you get them becuase the ones i have just came out september 28, 2011

I bought weather tech brands in the past for different cars and I'm waiting for them to come out.

side window deflector

Can you recommend the best side window deflector for a 2012 ford explorer?
and would you recommend a in-channel one?
Where can I get one?

O.K. I just posted three pictures of my Exp with the in-channel deflectors in place.

When you look at them, you will see why I particularly like these. They, in my opinion, seem to follow the flow of the car and do not impede upon the color schema at all!

https://picasaweb.google.com/mikecallery/CarsFord?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Did you take your pics down? Could you put them back up please?
Interested in that custom deck as well...sounds very interesting! :cool:

How's it all held up a few months later? Did you also get a bug/stone deflector for the hood?

I used the out of channel AVS, as the the 2 sets of OE deflecters were broke/cracked out of the box. There is slight wind noise from them, but it doesn't bother me.

I got mine from A&A Auto Stores (State College, PA)....they ship anywhere....(814) 237-0260.

I just ordered the In-Channel AVS. Can't wait to dress up Dora!

FYI, we used AVS in-channel (easy install) on my wifes' 2012 Explorer Limited...sharkfin antenna install was a snap as well.

Here are some pics --> http://www.flickr.com/photos/xrider_2012

AVS in-channel was ordered from RealTruck.com

FYI, we used AVS in-channel (easy install) on my wifes' 2012 Explorer Limited...sharkfin antenna install was a snap as well.

Here are some pics --> http://www.flickr.com/photos/xrider_2012

AVS in-channel was ordered from RealTruck.com

Where did you get your Sharkfin antenna? I tried VG Shark Fin Antenna and Ford is not available.

I installed the AVS in-channel vent visors on my 2012 EX. Easy install, great look, very durable. Had them in my 2000 EX with no problems after 11 years and 175K miles. I expect the same performance from my new ones.

For those who had problems with window "auto reversing" - just help the window close at first install. Keep them closed for a day or so. After that, they adhere very well and stay clear of the window path.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you get your Sharkfin antenna? I tried VG Shark Fin Antenna and Ford is not available.

Purchased from VG. The VG website will show not available. But if you e-mail them with your vehicle yearr, model, paint color, they will respond with what you need to order.

Delivered is less than 10 days.

Good Luck!

Back