Windows Tinted

OffTrac

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Dublin, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
My wife surprised me yesterday while I was at work and took my truck to get the front windows tinted. 20%

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks slick!

Looks good, we can only go up to 70% here in Iowa to be legal, it would be nice to go darker like that!

She's a keeper :thumbsup:

Looks good!

Looks good man. I only tinted the rear glass 2.5% so far, this was because Matthew has to sit rear facing and was blinded everytime he rode in the truck. I still need to do the side glass.

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Didn't know it was possible to make your truck look better. I was wrong.:thumbsup:

Looks great! I love me some window tint :)

Thanks everyone. It's something I've been meaning to do since I bought the truck but never got around to. Just in time as the temperature has started to heat up.

Looks good, I should show my girlfriend this and see if she'll try and spoil me :D

Looks good. Everything I tint I go 20%. 50% is legal here in Cincy but thats so light theres no point in doing it then.

35% is legal here but our cops actually seem to concern themselves with criminals. Hard to imagine, I know. I moved from metro-Atlanta and don't miss a thing about it.

haha, Im planning on 15% this summer.. .cops here dont care. All the international kids here on campus put blue lights all over their Audis and Hondas... thats more illegal than dark windows... and Ive never heard of any of them getting in trouble for it.

35% is legal here but our cops actually seem to concern themselves with criminals. Hard to imagine, I know. I moved from metro-Atlanta and don't miss a thing about it.

Just a quick humorous story about window tint in GA:

Back in 2009 I was headed north on I-95 before Savannah going the speed limit and I look in the rear view mirror at an SUV flying up on me. I told my girlfriend to hang onto something cause I thought I was going to get rearended at that speed. It was a cop in a Tahoe. $154 ticket for window tint even though I am registered in PA. I told the cop that i'm not going to remove my tint to drive in GA but he didn't care. So we went on our own way and I just got up to speed literally 1 mile up I-95 and the same thing happened, different cop. (I could still see the first cop in the rear view!) I just handed him the ticket and asked "window tint?" After he came back to the ex I asked if there were anymore cops ahead that I should know about! We both laughed and on we went.

You just can't make this stuff up! It's funny looking back on it.

They probably thought you were a Florida escapee.

Those were the drug enforcement cops, they don't like tinted windows and will pull you over. Always knew where they were because they sit in the medium with their high beams and spotlights shining straight out into traffic so they could see through the darkest tint. I hated it because I was at perfect blinding height up in the tractor-trailer.

Yeah, that is a drug running highway from Miami and Jacksonville into Savannah and out into the southeast.

Yeah, that is a drug running highway from Miami and Jacksonville into Savannah and out into the southeast.

Where'dja learn that, Cheech? Druuuggg schoooolll?

lol j/k - good movie, though :)

Yeah that's a big drug running road on the East coast. The cops were hiding in the grassy middle, I only know this because I saw the second cop before I passed him and the grass was up to the side view mirrors, hence why the first one was invisible, I **** you not! :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin good OffTrac :)

Back