• Register Today It's free!

wiring two amps together

Zorro

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
i just bought a combonation of 3 audiobahn 12's in a box and i have them hooked up to my 400 watt RMS Sony Xplod 2165-GTX amplifier. The RMS of the subs total is 800 so i know that i need another amp hooked up to really power these subs. I was wondering if u had to have the same amp to hook them up together and if i should just get another Sony Xplod 2165-GTX amp so equal 800 RMS. Is it very complicated to wire two amps together or am i better off just getting one big amp. Im on a very limited budget so id like to just buy the sony amp for like 140.
thanks
zorro

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what audiobahn 12's? dual voice coil or single?

how many speaker wires are coming out the back of the box?

i found a site with your combo on it and it comes already prewired to a 1.5ohm load. Your going to want a mono amp stable at 1 ohm.

can i hook my sony xplod amp up for awhile until i can get enough money to get a better amp? its gonna take me like a month to save up to get a good enough amp for these subs and i cant last a month without any bass at all.

is it a mono amp?

its a two channel but it can be bridged

you will have to wire each sub separitly. Do you know if it is Tri-mode capible?

The subs are wired 4 ohms mono, meaning if you have a 2 channel amp, you can bridge it to 4 ohms mono, powering all 3 subs, according to audiobahns specs. You can only run one amp to it, unless you install 2 more wire terminals....(although I dont know how they get 4 ohms with the subs, unless they are dual 6 ohms each)

Back