Wish List for Future | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wish List for Future

Heated steering wheel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

* 2nd row buckets available on the XLT model.
* Removable 2nd row console.
* Pecan leather available with more color options.

There's no second row heated seats option? lame. even my Jeep has that lol

* 2nd row buckets available on the XLT model.
* Removable 2nd row console.
* Pecan leather available with more color options.

2nd row bucket seats should be available on any trim level, with any cloth or leather finish - just like on many other cars (Chevy Traverse, Ford Flex etc)

Biggest wish might be to actually go to a dealer and be able to choose one from the lot, and get good customer service from the sales person...dream...

I mentioned heated rear seats to my sales rep (I have not purchased yet though I am close) and told the story of another manufacturers salesman saying that I should take the car across the street and have them install aftermarket heaters for half the price. The Ford salesman said THEY would install rear seat heaters in the Explorer so that they could have all quality issues under their control. Something to think about.

Now for a solution to the heated steering wheel...

Another option for the wish list:

Limited without "wood" trim pieces. I prefer the interior on the XLT. Why the marketing folks still think "wood" equates to upscale is beyond me. In an Aston Martin, yes- because the wood is obviously wood and has a beautiful (non-glossy!) finish. The opposite extreme occurs in some of the full-size SUV's- huge sections of the dash covered in ugly "wood".

-End of rant-

Limited without "wood" trim pieces. I prefer the interior on the XLT. Why the marketing folks still think "wood" equates to upscale is beyond me. In an Aston Martin, yes- because the wood is obviously wood and has a beautiful (non-glossy!) finish. The opposite extreme occurs in some of the full-size SUV's- huge sections of the dash covered in ugly "wood".

-End of rant-

YES!

All the designers who think that plastic trim with pseudo-wood finish = luxury and class should be $#^$%&%^*^^&(&*(*)(**(*_$%@$#
For me - it is the worst eyesore in any interior, and I try hard to avoid these cars or trim levels. Ford does make avoiding it difficult... I liked Flex, but the hideous "wood" on trim level I was considering was too much to bear.

-End of rant-

I agree completely.

Really hate the fake wood in most vehicles.

There have been ones i looked at that I would have considered if not for all the fake wood.

I think my count on the Limited was 5 relatively small pieces across the dash. I'm guessing they would be easy and inexpensive to replace with pieces from an XLT and one could probably recoupe a fairly significant portion selling the old ones on eBay. Maybe.

I'll definitely check into it if the standard pieces bother me enough.

I think my count on the Limited was 5 relatively small pieces across the dash. I'm guessing they would be easy and inexpensive to replace with pieces from an XLT and one could probably recoupe a fairly significant portion selling the old ones on eBay. Maybe.

I'll definitely check into it if the standard pieces bother me enough.

One of the threads here lists the following for the Limited:

Instrument panel appliqué — Olive Ash Dark Brown woodgrain

I would also consider replacing the pseudo-wood trim with XLT pieces if it was reasonably easy.

Missing the back window opening like my husband's '95 Ex did.

This might show my lameness, but I wish I had sensors for the front of the Ex. Coming from a much smaller vehicle, I'm paranoid about hitting something I simply can't see.

Missing the back window opening like my husband's '95 Ex did.

Agree 100%. I'd love to have the rear window open like it did in earlier Explorers.

-End of rant-

Funny thing - I posted on thefordstory.com a suggestion to make 'pseudo wood' trim an option on all models - so people who like that look can order it, and people who loathe it can avoid it. The moderator deleted my post claiming that it was incompatible with their rules. I guess it shows how much Ford is interested in customer input! :rolleyes:

Funny thing - I posted on thefordstory.com a suggestion to make 'pseudo wood' trim an option on all models - so people who like that look can order it, and people who loathe it can avoid it. The moderator deleted my post claiming that it was incompatible with their rules. I guess it shows how much Ford is interested in customer input! :rolleyes:

I am sorry your post was deleted. However, it may have been a system error. I still suggest that every one submit their ideas on www.TheFordStory.com. The Ford Story is also a place where you can share your experiences on owning a Ford product, get the latest updates on what is happening within the company, or catch up on exciting technologies and concepts being explored by Ford. You can also post questions for our engineers, designers or CEO.

~Seni

I am sorry your post was deleted. However, it may have been a system error. I still suggest that every one submit their ideas on www.TheFordStory.com. The Ford Story is also a place where you can share your experiences on owning a Ford product, get the latest updates on what is happening within the company, or catch up on exciting technologies and concepts being explored by Ford. You can also post questions for our engineers, designers or CEO.

~Seni

Seni,
Why don't you ask some of the engineers, designers, managers, etc to view what is talked about on this site? I'm sure they will get more honest feedback here than on a Ford sponsored site. There is a wealth of data and real world experience here from both a product point of view and a customer service point of view. If Ford is truly interested in what their customers think and want to improve quality/service, then they ought to be actively involved here.

I also think they owe quite a few people some sort of explanation on why it's taken so long (many months in some cases) to get vehicles to the customers instead of stonewalling them. Yes, you've been great at supplying information, but NO ONE from Ford has yet come out and said "We're sorry for the delays, here's what's holding them up, and here's when you can expect to see your vehicle.

One thing I noticed that the Ex does not have that my 3 previous Toyota Highlanders had was a light in the inside of the driver's and passenger's door. This not only provided a bit of extra light at night but also was visible to traffic approaching from the rear. A little extra safety item.

I miss my VW's ability to have the shade drawn on the moon roof, while having the vent open. It helped keep the interior a little less oven-like in the summer. For the vent to be open in the roof of the Ex, the front shade automatically opens.

~Seni

Seni,

Thanks for the comment. However, my post on www.thefordstory.com was deleted 'on purpose' not by error. I received the following email from them:

Dear Arthur,
Thank you for attempting to post to "Your Ideas" on theFordStory.com. Unfortunately, we're not able to post your idea. Posts that are focused on product styling or design (including colors and appearance); product names, slogans or logos; advertisements or marketing proposals (commercials, songs, etc.); and business methods or ways of conducting our business (restructuring, acquisitions, etc.) are not currently being posted to the site. You can view the Entry Guidelines and a list of restricted content by clicking here, and read the Terms of Service by clicking here.
Sincerely,
The Ford Story Team

Another words - Ford does not want to hear my idea about making their product more attractive to broader base of customers - anything about appearance - styling, finish, color, design constitutes 'restricted content'.

Ridiculous? In my opinion yes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back