Would these 24s fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would these 24s fit?

phresh

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 2004 Explorer XLT and would this setup work for me with minor or no cutting? What would the rims poke out from the offset?

24x10 Rims
295/35/24 Tires
Offset +14
Centerbore to fit 73.1mm

Anyone that knows about explorer offset with 24s please chime in.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wish i could help but you have any pics of the rims?

if it helps the stock offset is around +35 on the 4wd. so your +14 will move the wheel out. not to mention the added width. may stick out pass the fenders.

I'm pretty sure your gonna get rub with 295 width, even with a lower offset I don't think your gonna get that far away. Your talking a 12inch wide tire there, if it doesn't rub, your gonna be darn close.

On the other hand, if it is close you could try some 1/2in spacers to fix the problem and maybe a little bit of triming of your wheel well liner.

Your overall diameter is gonna be pretty close to stock. Just remember to upgrade your brakes, 24's mean more mass rolling and decreased brake performance.

Won't the diameter on those be just a bit over 32"?

i think expo? with the 24s needs to chime in. he is one of the few that has put 24s on it

With a +14 offset you are probly gonna stick out about 3/4". My rims have a 0 Offset and stick out about an 1.5".

Won't the diameter on those be just a bit over 32"?

Oh your right, I figured wrong, I didn't double my tire height number. The tires would be 32.1 inches, pretty sure he's gonna rub.

I have a 2004 Explorer XLT and would this setup work for me with minor or no cutting? What would the rims poke out from the offset?

24x10 Rims
295/35/24 Tires
Offset +14
Centerbore to fit 73.1mm

Anyone that knows about explorer offset with 24s please chime in.
Thanks
I have offset 24s on my 2004 explorer xlt

Back