Wrecked my Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wrecked my Trac

Reaction score
City, State
Hoopeston, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac '02 XLT
will post pics if i figure out how to send them from my email to here. Long story short i was goin too fast down a road that got fresh gravel, lost control, slid the rear driver side into a 2 rail cattle fence and tore the end up of my truck.... it sucks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

can anyone tell me how to directly put a picture on here?

send them to ur email then high light the adress right click on the high lighted tx clix copy pull ur post up and paste th link to ur post

will post pics if i figure out how to send them from my email to here. Long story short i was goin too fast down a road that got fresh gravel, lost control, slid the rear driver side into a 2 rail cattle fence and tore the end up of my truck.... it sucks!!

i wrecked my explorer allmost the same daym way except i smashed into the biggest oak tree on the side of the rd. it sucks such a sweet vechicle is soo top heavy and duch a death machine :(

not totaled, $2400 in damages,All cosmetic tho, need a whole new bed side, rear bumper, bumper reinforcement, tail light, and the rim was scratched up. Im just glad that there wasnt any damage to the frame.

that sux u wrecked ur x

I replaced my bed side last month and it cost me about $500.00. I bought the panel and took it to a shop for paint. I did all the removal and replacement work myself. I then sanded my bumper cover and repainted with the black bumper paint. It looks good as new and I got to keep the remaining 1500.00 of the insurance check:D

Oh and I had to do this because my rear wheel came off driving done the road. Dont ask why though :banghead:

wreck2.jpg

wreck.jpg

Ouch! :eek:

insurance adjuster is comin today to look over the estimate

ouch ouch

ouch... but I must ask... didnt the ABS help you with that?

i panicked, im pretty sure i thought i was hittin the break, but it was actually the gas.... not one of my best moves....

finally got it fixed, looks amazing, only problem is that the panel seems so much brighter from the rest of the truck haha. but they kicked azz on it, i took it to the shop at 11 on thursday and got it back at 530 on friday

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

finally got it fixed, looks amazing, only problem is that the panel seems so much brighter from the rest of the truck haha. but they kicked azz on it, i took it to the shop at 11 on thursday and got it back at 530 on friday

That should tell you how easy a repair that it was................

Back