XLT to ST is it worth it? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT to ST is it worth it?

That's one reason I went with the Aviator. :D

Peter
Peter, have you had any ECU issues? Our 22 we had the computer go out while on vacation. Had it replaced only with a defected new one. Made it home on the third one. Traded it for a 22 Explorer King Ranch.

Peter, have you had any ECU issues? Our 22 we had the computer go out while on vacation. Had it replaced only with a defected new one. Made it home on the third one. Traded it for a 22 Explorer King Ranch.
I haven't had any issues with the Aviator. In fact, I just ordered a 2023 even though the lease on the current one still has several months to go.
Was yours a 2022 Explorer? Just wondering because your margin profile shows a 2000 Mountaineer.

Peter

I test drove both before deciding on the ST. To me the difference was night and day in handling, and transmission performance. The additional power is just an added plus. We've been very lucky with ours. Only one recall which I won't bring it in for, and no other issues over 30,000 miles.

Good choice, good choice indeed. You won't be sorry.

Back