• Register Today It's free!

Yet another power seat issue!

fordsRfun

Reaction score
City, State
hailey, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 awd v8 xlt
I have checked out all of the posts regarding power seats but have not been able to find a remedy to my dilema. I have a 97 5.0 AWD and the driver side power seat is not working, with the acception of the lumbar. There is no up, down, forward, or back movement, only lumbar...:( The passenger seat is A-ok, so I doubt that it is a fuse, and if I remember correctly there is only one power wire for the seat so, if that was the issue the lumbar shouldn't work...right?? Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine quit moving front to rear-so I took the switch apart and sprayed it real good with pb baster. Electrical contact cleaner would have been better, but the pb blaster was handy. I worked the switch around in all directions-blew the excess crap out with compressed air, and it works like new.

All Right

Mine quit moving front to rear-so I took the switch apart and sprayed it real good with pb baster. Electrical contact cleaner would have been better, but the pb blaster was handy. I worked the switch around in all directions-blew the excess crap out with compressed air, and it works like new.

I will give it a shot after work and see if it works. Thanks JT!

If it doesn't work and you need one, let me know, I think I have a couple of spares laying around.

Well mine on my 2000 Mounty works sometimes but my main issue is that the seat only moves forward and back but in the front the seat stops about a 1/2" from the end of the track,is that normal for these? not an problem for me but my 4' 11" wife can't get it close enough to reach the accelerator

That’s not right. I can move my Mounty seat forward until you couldn’t possibly drive it.

That’s not right. I can move my Mounty seat forward until you couldn’t possibly drive it.
Well it goes forward pretty well but she has trouble reaching the pedal,might have to put a block on it,she doesn't drive it often but sometimes she needs to.

Is it a power seat?

Is it a power seat?
Yes it is,both front seats go forward and back the same distance so maybe adding a block to the pedal so she can reach it without straining is going to be the answer since I've had to do that before for her.

Is it lowered all the way? The pedal mount just bolts through the firewall. You could easily put a spacer underneath it.

Is it lowered all the way? The pedal mount just bolts through the firewall. You could easily put a spacer underneath it.
Thanks I'll have to check into that ☺️

You can reach it from under the hood.

Back