yet another tire size thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

yet another tire size thread

I have 255/70/16. I read the sticky chart, but all say on a 15x8. What is a more aggressive size i can fit on a stock setup? Thanks. I would like to get some 31x10.50 and prefer BFG, but not sure if that will fit with a 16" wheel. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the reason they list a 15x8 wheel is rubbing issues that a 15x10 would give you. i doubt that a 16(x8?) wheel would matter. i was able to fit mine without any rubbing or lift.

you cant put 15" tires on 16" wheels..the tires must be the same size as the wheels.

96limitedX said:
you cant put 15" tires on 16" wheels..the tires must be the same size as the wheels.
you are joking right? i was hoping that was obvious...:confused:
if you read his post, you would see that he understands that, or were you talking to me?

Thanks, and I do understand that you can't fit a 15" tire on a 16" wheel :p n3m3s1s, where did you get your tires? Thanks

i got them at 4wheelparts...only because i had to. they arent the brightest, they ended up crossthreading two of my rear lugs. as far as the tires go, i couldnt be happier. if you wanna see how they look, let me know and i can send you a pic or two.

n3m3s1s said:
you are joking right? i was hoping that was obvious...:confused:
if you read his post, you would see that he understands that, or were you talking to me?

the way he made it sound was like he wanted to put 31x10.50 15s on his stock 16" wheel..i also hoped he was joking..but i wanted to make sure ;)

If you don't mind, my e-mail is apexi1100@hotmail.com. I am interested in seeing how they look. Thanks

Back