Paragon Run in PA in April | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paragon Run in PA in April

C

ChrisW

http://www.bmja.org/BMJA%20Paragon/paragon.html is a site that has a map of the area and a trail dificulty rating. It sounds like a pretty nice place and the prices are not bad.
HIX, do you know if anyone wanting to go has a winch? This site says that one may be needed on some trails to help us slightly modified truck get up or out of tough spots. The prices run $25 a vehicle and another $5 if you want to camp overnight. That is not too bad if you ask me. The dates suggested by HIX are April 23-26. HIX, does this mean get thier in the afternoon or evening or morning or what? Could you please list some of the details of what you were refering to as far as a timeframe of events. All info is appreciated and as soon as you are sure we will have a run let me know so I can ask off at work.
Thanks,
ChrisW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't think that anyone was interested! I have gotten 0 responses! Umm.. I will be arriving on friday the 23rd at around 3pm. So far it is me and my exploder, my buddy the ford tech and his bronco, my bartender and his Defender 90, and four spectators. None of us have a winch as of yet, the guy w/ Defender was talking about buying one for the trip but who knows. We are outfitted w/ all the other recovery equipment. You know, 4 30'x 3" yank straps, hi-lift jack, a pull pal, random garden tools.

As far the time frame of the events goes, I am going to establish a base camp and pick and choose from the trails by using the descriptions from BMGA and by looking at the vehicles in the group. I have NEVER been to Paragon, but everyone that I have been conversing w/ has highly reccomended it.

It will be a good time and anyone is invited to join us. If any of you are interested please post here or send me an Email at
jhix@lycosmail.com
so we can set up a time to meet up.

I am looking forward to hering from ya.

------------------
HIX

I might be able to make it. I have to see what I am doing those dates. I know me and my friends plan on making a trip when it gets warmer out. I have never been there but I looked at a map and it look pritty close. I'm in New York out on the Island.
Keith

Just so everyone knows. The run will be near the town of Hazelton, Pennsylvania. It will be on a 15,000 acre private off-road vehicle park just off I-90. Like Chris said it will be $25 to enter the park plus around $5 to camp.

------------------
HIX

damn that sound like fun but its too soon i wont have the truck back up ready to rool till later in the year. but please keep us posted would love to get the esat coast thing really going. you guys be sure to take a camera ... cant have rick showing yall up.

keep the rubber down

Back