FROADER's '04 E-350 | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FROADER's '04 E-350

Thanks Yomie, but the explorer is going to have to wait a while for new axles. Unless of course I find another smokin' deal like Dannyboy did on these axles.

yeah don't you other to fix on it...like the engine:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Eh? :shifty_ey

I though he was having trouble with the engine last time he came back from Big Bear... Or maybe I just lost it:confused:

Sorry gotta alot going on here right now

Ooh. So that sentence says he has engine trouble. Got it now. :p:

Yes, he does have engine issues. I think he's been talking about a 351W swap. :confused:

Ooh. So that sentence says he has engine trouble. Got it now. :p:

Yes, he does have engine issues. I think he's been talking about a 351W swap. :confused:

LOL...got it.;) I think, type, forget to put in words and hit enter:rolleyes:

That should have read....

yeah, don't you have other things to fix on it?...like the engine

What can I say:(

$200 More than 50% tread left, all evenly worn.

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

Nice score. craigslist?

...Nice score...:D

...I just bought 2-new, 32x11.50x15 at regular price...Ouch...

...(cough) tiki shirt (cough)

If you are going to build the bumpers, you are welcome to the 1.25 hitch oem that I have here. It has a couple ground point holes, but no biggie. Take care.

so what is left on the list? leaf springs from an early 90s F350? how about the back?

You got a drag link on your axle, just need a tie rod and track bar.

Ah well, you got time, I don't see this project starting until a certain black truck is finished.

If you are going to build the bumpers, you are welcome to the 1.25 hitch oem that I have here. It has a couple ground point holes, but no biggie. Take care.
Thanks, but I'm going to build a spare tire carrier using the stock bumper.

so what is left on the list? leaf springs from an early 90s F350? how about the back?

You got a drag link on your axle, just need a tie rod and track bar.

Ah well, you got time, I don't see this project starting until a certain black truck is finished.
Yeah, all I need (to get the front axle under there) is the leaf springs (b-day is coming up :))and the trac bar. It will be 2wd until I can afford to get the parts (t-case, modify fuel tank drivshafts, etc.) for that.

So on the way to work this morning, some asshat decided it would be cool to clip my mirror and keep going. They were lucky I was stuck and couldn't follow them... and they better not be seen by me while in my explorer.

But, it looks like I might be able to sell some honey to help pay for the fix. :wtf:

Attachments

• VanMirror1.jpg
    VanMirror1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 608
  • VanMirror2.jpg
    VanMirror2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 609

LOL!! Did someone actually clip it, or did the mirror just fall out? (Seen it happen before... in my own driveway, no less!!)

-Joe

On the Pass side? :confused: I hope there damage was worse:D

LOL!! Did someone actually clip it, or did the mirror just fall out? (Seen it happen before... in my own driveway, no less!!)

-Joe
Oh yeah it was clipped. It scared the **** out of me it was so loud.

On the Pass side? :confused: I hope there damage was worse:D

I was in the right lane at a red light. They came down the side to turn right at the light and nailed it going at least 15mph.

It was a black Navigator, so I imagine their painted mirrors are scratched on the back side of it. But something else might be wrong with it if I see them again.

They probally had the radio so loud they never heard it:rolleyes:

...That sucks big time..:eek:...I usually only get run into at the parking lots...:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

unless I find a FW 8.8 like Stic-o did, so i could just swap my gears that I already have into it.

uhmmm, i know of i believe 3 Lightning's getting parted out over on NLOC and i know they have 8.8s in the rear, which im assuming are FW. Just FYI

Back