Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could have been your truck idk it was about 4 years ago they were going north I was heading south in a first gen I was like what's that? Omg nice but it's second gen... Even cooler I think if I remember exactly correct it was actually your truck about 4 years ago... Lifted yellow rims no bubble.....pretty sure.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Look what I dug out of the yard 😜

Discovered the fuel pump wiring was lose, and after I pushed it in all the way, and her new Odyssey battery, fired right up.

20210102_165855.jpg

Just can't kill it! LMFAO

Just can't kill it! LMFAO

You know it's funny you say that. I have always said this is by far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. No matter what she is always ready to do what ever you through at it. She'll take a beating and still keep going.

Gave her a upgrade, to help me feel better about her neglect... and a little safer.

Winch Cable to Winch Rope swap

20210109_150829.jpg

Well I guess that answers that question....

20210831_074045.jpg

Honestly, this was always my worst fear. Loosing a front tire at 65 with no sway bars.

It was actually super tame. Was able to pull off the freeway, and then drove it another mile or so on it to a Goodyear tire, and them swap out the spare.

Falken MT's I bought for the Navajo will be going on it now.

Just shows how stable that solid axle rig is when a front tire blows out on the freeway. That and you have been driving it for a long time and know its quirks, so you don't overreact and run it into a wall.

Made it back home on the remaining 4 tires. I drove it to work today to get it snogged. I noticed, I didn't even lose a bead😁

Truck needs some love. 15 years of wheeling, and 2 years of just sitting outside. She will get a lot more use going forward.

I loved the sweet old MTRs in a 37x12.50x15. But wish you could still buy them.

Zip ties and rubber plugs could of put that tire back together..

Or not.

Time for new shoes

20210904_144544.jpg

Back