trip to paragon adventure park info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trip to paragon adventure park info

Tank

Reaction score
ok guys lets post all our questions, info, and plans here.

for all us east coasters ( pendell runners ) we need to get our ducks in a row so we can caravan up there.

------------------
if you never get stuck, you just arent playing hard enough

Fortunately God looks out for fools and 4-wheelers, or am I being redundant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well just mailed the registration form Dead Link Removed
I cant wait untill may still have alot of time left untill then.(more time to get the truck ready!) It should be a great weekend.
Does anyone know what time everything is going to start friday morning?

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box
-Gibson preformance exhaust
-4:56 gears

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you all. I just got done faxing the registration forms your way. I'm actually going up to Paragon this weekend to prepare for that trip. I'll ask Lou tomarrow night when I call him. J91 I meant to grab the name of the hotel for you last time I talked to Lou... I'll get it for you ASAP... See you all up there!

Joe Dead Link Removed

explorerdude ... i was the one that needed the hotel info.

also when are you sending out the confirmations ?

i wanted to be sure i had a room before i sent the registration ..... the form is filled out and the check is written. i am dying to get back there...and this sounds like a great group !!!

j91ford ... do you want to caravan up thursday ?

------------------

Tank
Sure. Around what time thursday?

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

The name of the motel is the Mount Laurel Motel. You shouldn't have any problems getting into the OHV trip or the motel. So far we have about 25 people signed up to go... We're looking for like 150 people. The confirmations were sent out Friday. So you should be getting them in the mail really soon.

I went to Paragon this weekend. Dead Link Removed You guys should have a blast. We cut two trails. One is a by pass to the Turtle trail and the other is a high challenge trail accross from Rattlesnake. We took an old style Bronco thru the new trail and it has 35" Swamper TSL's on it and an ARB locker front and a Detroit in the rear and well he had problems. After he broke his axle shaft we had to winch him thru the rest of the trail. Dead Link Removed So it should be a pretty good one. The new trail is as of now un-named. This trail is tougher than rattle snake yet shares very similar qualities to it. Lots of big rocks to make you off-camber on.

I'm going to be going to a driver orientation meeting in two weeks so I'll be able to inform you all on what is to go on that weekend and what trails are to be cut and will be run. Dead Link Removed I'm going to try to become a trail guide. I might possibly be a tail gunner for the OHV trip. Time will tell.

I'll keep you all posted on how things go.

What clubs have you guys gone to the park with before?

Happy Wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed

j91ford ... im thinking around 1-2:00 if i remember right it takes about 4 hrs from the philly area ( correct me if im wrong explorerdude ) that will give us plenty of time to get there and get situated.

explorerdude... i went there with ECHO (east coast hummer owners) and had a blast since then i am much more experienced and have a tendency to push my limits ( right eagle, j91ford ? ) so i am hoping to try out the harder trails.
that should be interesting too ...it will be my wifes first time doing any (serious) offroading Dead Link Removed

explorerdude ... also ... during the down time are there any bike trails around.. im thinking about bringing our mountain bikes.

------------------

I just got done talking to my buddy who goes up in his j**p all the time and he said it only takes him 1 1/2 to 2hrs he said he would give me directions and a map of paragon

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

excelent ! i have to be at work till 12:00 at least to get evry one set up for while im away... then i have to go over my packing again so i dont miss anything... so maby 2:00 or so to leave ?

anyone else caravaning with us ?

------------------

hey explorerdude ... i have another question ...
i have a custom light bar designed, have the material to make it, but i dont know if i want to invest the time to get it done ..then invest the $$$ to buy the lights.... will it be worth it to get it done before the paragon trip ? ( will we be out on trails after dusk/dark ) ?

------------------

Sounds good to me i will prolly take off of school to get ready so whatever time is fine
My dad will be joining us,he will take his truck up to lug everthing up there

I just found out that my one buddy who
has the j**p that goes to paragon all the time will be taking part in the same event
and he might drive up with us wich will
be good to have someone that knows how to get there.

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

well i hope i DONT need trail lights.. i broke the bank (BIG TIME) setting up this propane kit... it is almost done, all i need to do is the wiring and that should only take about an hour or so this afternoon. i hope to test this out tonight. ill post what happens as soon as i do.

------------------

the propane is hooked up but im still adjusting it. i can feel an increase but not balls in the seat...

my spare is being mounted and ballanced as we speak, i do still have to make a mounting bracket for it.

i also made a camera mount that is being black annodized.

and i have wheel covers being welded

im getting excited now !

------------------

is anyone planning to take a run at pendell before the paragon trip ?

i might be interested if you are ....

if not the pines run will be a good enough test for my mods.

------------------

well in 2 weeks from today we will be pushing the limits of our trucks and ourselvs .... we need to decide on a time and place to meet for the trip up thursday afternoon....

i now have all the minimum requirements and then some... i know eagle and i are going to do the harder trails .... the 8-9 rating i belive...

------------------

Who are you kidding 8 or 9?!? What do you think I have a SNIPER? I was thinking about doing the 1 or 2 rated trails. I do not want to get the old girl dirty Dead Link Removed I actually want to start off light. Maybe the mini Rubicon or the rock garden. I would hate to break it on the first day. Hey TANK lets take the new drivers through the training course before getting started. That was a huge help when I first drove Paragon. Plus you can get your truck dirty Dead Link Removed

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
Drilled Airbox
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Where are we going???
And why are we in a hand basket???

I would like to do the training course first , knowing im not that experienced , only two more weeks cant wait

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

i am only going by the ratings in the trip info .....

4-7 scenic trails with (moderate)obstacles 31-33 " tires locker or posi (suggested) bodt damage possible but not likely

that is probably what we did with echo ... fun but not a challenge ...except to test your pucker point ....

8-9 high challenge trail with frequent obstacles 35" tires and 2 traction devices suggested body dammage possible and likely ....

i think that that sounds like more fun ... im not looking for dammage but i dont want to back down from the good stuff either .... there are 3 days of wheeling ...so maby the 4-7 first then we can see if you want to move up ....

------------------

I hate to tell ya TANK but the terminator hill we did DEFINITLY was not 4-7. It was anything but scenic. I think I pissed myself I was so scarred. It was a controlled fall. Driving down a mountain that I can only describe and Mt. Everest. (At least it seem like it was.) The only way that I can explain it is sheer terror. You will not see me doing that hill. Up or down. TANK have you or anyone else received a confirmation letter from B4W club yet?

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
Drilled Airbox
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Where are we going???
And why are we in a hand basket???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like you'll have a great time at Paragon. I guess I kind of missed the boat on this trip, and that's too bad since it is closer to me than Pines. Being a bit new to this sport, I really hadn't gave it much thought until now.

I found another web site that had some interesting photos (mostly j**ps, unfortunately) from Paragon. It looks like a place I'd like to visit some time in the future.

Is there some information available on this place? I'd like to learn a little more about it. That way, I'll be ready for the next run.

------------------
Tom
99 Sport 4x4
SOHC
Auburn Rear & Gerald's old Shackles
265/75-R16 BFG AT's that weren't supposed to fit

Back