Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more

well guys ... saturday was a blast .

eagle gave the beast a GOOD test, and she fared quite well.

and again, as is my motto. i put the tank in places it should never be. the shor version is ... i tried to work my way through a mud pit with my drivers side tires on dry ground. ... well the mud kept getting deeper untill i was on a 45-50 degree angle... my passenger could open his window, and with his hand resting on the window frame, he could touch the ground.i finally gave up trying to drive out of it because everything i did brought me closer to tipping... it took the beast to put all 4 back down on the ground. thanks eagle

we are now trying to plan another run to pendell or a run to the pines...after j91 gets his gears and after eagle makes the adjustments he needs, and after i get the tank in 100% order.... i hope in 2-3 weeks

------------------
if you never get stuck, you just arent playing hard enough

Fortunately God looks out for fools and 4-wheelers, or am I being redundant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seeing TANK with at least one wheel in the air is getting to be a common occurrence Dead Link Removed I am just glad we got ya out. Hey HIXS I made it up that hill on the other side of the stream. It took me 3 or 4 tries but I did it in 4 HI. Not to shabby. Then. . . right after that I proceeded to get my truck swallowed up by a huge mud pit. Both exhaust tip were submerged and the water level was up to my rear tail lights. Dead Link Removed I was a hurting pup. I told TANK to back up the HUMMER and “yank the **** out of me.” So he hook up the tow strap 10 feet from me leaving 20 feet of slack. Hit the gas. And after A TON of flying mud he pulled me out. Thanks TANK. And wouldn’t ya know nobody took any darn pictures.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
Drilled Airbox
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE ( EVEN STOCKERS )

ok guys ....... i spoke with my friend who grew up in the pines... i told him we wanted a full ( more or less ) day of wheeling, some hills , some mud, and to maby find a nice spot and do a bar-b-q. he is going to put together a trail map,(he might ride his quad), and he just needs to know what day... also if we dont want to do the food ourselves he can get us to some bar/resturants out in the pines or at least on the outskirts.
i would like to pick a weekend soon so we can have all the details worked out and wont interfere with the paragon trip... let me know what you all think.

oh yeah and... i just ordered the material for my wheel covers... i should have it tomorow... they will protect my air lines, and keep the mud out of the wheels... after its all machined...im going to hard coat black anodize them, then i will engrave a big tank on them so it will show up silver on a black backround.... i cant wait to see how long they last Dead Link Removed

------------------

Hey.

I'm up for it Tank!..Ive been wanting to get together with u guys for some time now...(busy at work..so and so on). I NEED TO GET OUT!!. I would difiniatly be interested in a pines run. First week of may looks good. it will give some time to plan also. I think it would be good bring some food and BBQ.
I also have some fiends that would go(explorer and a ranger).The only thing about the pines is some of those trails get pretty tight! Id be glad to help plan.One of my friends lives near Wharton State forest(pines).. Keep us posted..
See ya, Jim
91 Explorer XLT

hey tank
im in for the first weekend in may. My truck just got broken into so i need to have some time to get that straightened out. Who ever did it did me a favor the only damaged was the passander door lock. but the cop i called was really cool he wrote in the police report that my fender was damaged and so was my drivers door, which it was but not from them braking into it Dead Link Removed so my insurence will pay for my new fender and my two new doors Dead Link Removed they also stole my radio which was about $150 , and thats what i told the cop but he wrote down $300 so i got to go pick out a nice new radio/ cd player Dead Link Removed they also got some tools and my jacket

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box
-Gibson preformance exhaust
-4:56 gears

the pines trip may 6 is gonna be great ... just plan for it to be a full day, with the bar-b-q and all.

j91 that really sucks, i know exactly how you feel... and i did the same thing .... they slashed all 4 of my tires too ... so my gsa tires were 350.00 a piece so i put the swampers that i wanted anyway on at 210.00 each so with the difference i upgraded to an eclipse cd player... ( look into it.. its a little more $$ but if it EVER gets stolen they will replace it "including installation" for free...no bull ) ...also it has an interface for a (talking) gps system..and for talking controlls, and phone thru the radio...its awesome.

------------------

hey gtmazz ! i almost gave up on you ...havent heard from you in a while.... things going to settle down in may so you can start joining us out there ? ( at pendell )

i will keep posting anyinformation i get as soon as i get it ....

so far its the first weekend in may .... 5-6-00 for the pines run...

------------------

hey,
Maybe we should start a new Thread called
New Jersey Pines Run..The phily one is getting quite long..just a suggestion

See ya, Jim M

ok done and done

------------------

good to have yo bygdawg .... this will be our first trip to the pines ... one of the guys going grew up there so he is our "guide"...you are more than welcome to come..it will be a stocker friendly trip ..but we will be going to a few places that will have some more extreme wheeling for the hard core among us. Dead Link Removed

we go to a little place just past the exit for pendell off of rout 1 ... you should come out with us .....what do you drive ?

------------------

First off i want to welcome you to the site it is a great site you will find alot of good information here and everyone is friendly.

Its good to see someone else close to me! your prolly about 10 minutes away from me.
In pendell we go just off of rout 1 (It used to be a dump for roman Has) im not sure where at in the pines Tank should be able to help you out there.

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

Hello out there.
I'm new to this board and was wondering where in Penndel you guys go? I used to go to a place near I95 in the late 80's. Also, I was wondering where in the pines you go. I have been to Warton State forrest and that is pretty good. Thanks.

J91, Tank,
Thanks for getting back to me. I think I know of the area you are talking about. Do you ever get hassled by the police? Penndel is a small town with not much to keep the police busy!! Anyway, I 'd be interested in checking it out sometime...let me know the next time you go. I have a stock 96 XLT 6 cyl. Also, any tips on getting a little more out of the 6 cyl. inexpensively would be appreciated. See ya.

------------------
96 XLT 4.0L SOHC

My truck will be in the shop this weekend and next weekend.(finaly) I am getting my rear gears put in and some gauges so on and so on..... this weekend and next weekend im getting my front end redone ( gears, and new bushings) So that means i wont be able to put it into 4x4 the week in between Dead Link Removed
but at least i'll be ready for paragon. Prolly after all that it will be in the auto body shop for my new fender and my two new doors. And in the mean time i'll prolly be making my bumper. So my truck has a busy three weeks ahead so i wont be able to get to go to pendell.

Also in Langhorne, Do you know where the double bridges are? There are alot of trails back there. but thats where you get some nice customize pin strips. Some of the trails ar really narrow, but other than that there is some pretty cool stuff back there.

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

no problem bygdawg ... you should come out with us to the pines run, its gonna be stocker friendly ...

also j91 seems to go prety often to pendell.
he ran into a cop last weekend and they didnt care that we were back there , just asked to be sure we werent going to "tear up the place"
i think we will probably be going once this month and maby once next month too.

------------------

you still in for the pines , first weekend in may, j91 ?

------------------

I sure hope so i just got done working on the truck for the night we got pretty far so im shooting to have it regeared by tomorrow! This way we wont have to work on it next weekend.

I realy am going to try to get out to the pines i think i will most definitlty make it but i want to take it easy because i dont need no more problems before Paragon

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

oh yeah ..i agree .. definately dont want anything to go wrong that will kill the trip to paragon ....but you also dont want to take it too easy, definately do a good test on anything new... paragon is NOT a place to find a problem. depending on what level trails you decide to take you will be pushing everything to its limits.

------------------

we are having some problems with the gears we are still working on the rear and did not even atempt to start the front we prolly wont do that untill the weekend since you have to basicly take the whole front end apart.

once i get them on i want to try going up the hill that eagle went up, And i also know of another wheeling spot about 5 minutes from the one in pendell, it is all hills and some rocks ( its a pretty big place)

so i would be up for another run at pendell as soon as i get the gears finished So i will prolly be done hopefully this weekend
And who knows what is goin on with the insurance ( it sucks riding around with out no tunes)

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just spoke with eagle he is away for 2 weeks and therefore offline. he IS interested in a trip to pendell between now and a week or so before the paragon trip.... let me know when everyone would like to go and i will let him know.

------------------

Back