trip to paragon adventure park info | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trip to paragon adventure park info

well i guess eagles pucker tolerance is lower than i thought .... just cuz we were at an 89.5 degree angle looking down about a mile and the trail was entirely loose shale with giant rocks on both sides ...he gets all nervous ....wuss ! Dead Link Removed

anyway ..... i am going to do a search for any info about paragon ...eagle and i are going to get a map while we are up there for sure

------------------
if you never get stuck, you just arent playing hard enough

Fortunately God looks out for fools and 4-wheelers, or am I being redundant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i searched for a total of about 3 hrs. yesterday afternoon and evening.....

after finding some really cool sites...ill post them later ... i found the new link to paragon ....it has a BIG zoomable map ..trail ratings and descriptions .....
check it out
im printing it out and making a binder with blank pages in between the trail descriptions for notes as we hit each trail
http://www.offroaders.com/album/paragon/paragon0499/paragon-trails.htm

------------------

i just checked out the site that got me to the link for paragon ...they have 7 pages of pictures and avi movies from their trip to paragon ...they are mostly j**ps but it shows some of the terrain verry well... it looks like they didnt go into the hardest areas tho ...i didnt see any of the red or black trails in the pictures ....
http://www.offroaders.com

after seeing those pictures i am even more hyped to go !!!

------------------

i just finished editing the paragon trail ratings....when i copied it, it lost the colors and some of the format .... i cleaned it up and re-colored it.

if anyone wants a copy i will e-mail it to them ....just give my your address

------------------

j91 ... is your friend definately going ? and if so does he have good directions ?

if you can get them please post them so we all have a copy ...thanks

the extra bracket for my hi-lift is in the machine being made now and the snorkel is almost done ...i just have to get the k&n filter that i will use as a precleaner... and the tie in bracket.

my boxes are loaded ....just organizing the tools....i will have the tank ready and loaded by tuesday.

------------------

....just dropped another 140.00 .. Dead Link Removed

my clutch went on my fan... ilooked into the electric fans ...figured if i gotta do it anyway... might as well go electric ...manual switch to shut off for water crossings...adjustable thermostat ...highter flow rate.. no drag on the engine = more horsies ... but it was 420.00 Dead Link Removed

oh well maby another time

------------------

Hey guys getting close! Dead Link Removed

Im working on geting the directions tonight or if i dont get them tonight i will get them tomorrow morning and post them as soon as i get them.

I am no where near ready as far as packing goes, my truck is pretty much done just have to change the oil, clean the air fiter and mount the new antena.

what time are we going to meet? and where at it does not matter to me you guys can set the time and place and i will be there.

A couple more days Dead Link Removed

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box
-Gibson preformance exhaust
-4:56 gears

well ... i have all my stuff in a pile ...im not going to load it till wed night or thursday ( after all the rain is done )

im still working on the propane ... stopped working again ... and i got my cb back and by process of elimination i have determined that there must be a short in the external speaker wire .... so im ripping the dash apart tonight .... if this is a typical trip it will all come together about 5 minutes after we are supposed to leave.

as far as where to meet... it depends on hoe we go ...it doesnt make sense for you to come south if we are just going to go right by where you came from.... J91FORD you pick a place after you get the directions and i will set a time ....we are kinda stuck ( possibly ) waiting for eagle ... he is away and will be getting back "sometime" thursday afternoon. i am leaving work at 12:30-1:00 so i will be ready as soon as possible after that

------------------

Tank,

Even though I'm not going on this Paragon run, I'd be interested in your list of trail ratings. You can send it to me at:
sponge1000@worldnet.att.net

Thanks! Have a great, safe trip. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Tom
99 Sport 4x4
SOHC
Auburn Rear & Gerald's old Shackles
265/75-R16 BFG AT's that weren't supposed to fit

no problem ..but im gonna wait till after the trip to send it out ... i am going to add my own notes to any trail we do ... i just bought an altimiter and an inclimeter ... in addition to any notes i take about the trails i will record the altitude at the top and bottom of each trail, the distance traveled ( by odometer ) and i will add the incline and slope as i can too.

------------------

Great idea, Tank, getting those additional notes in. Any trail evaluations can only help. Dead Link Removed

Also, something to check when you get back is the thread on a calander of events that Rick started. It seems that there is a lot of activity going on around the country, and people tend to keep asking what's going on in their area.

------------------
Tom
99 Sport 4x4
SOHC
Auburn Rear & Gerald's old Shackles
265/75-R16 BFG AT's that weren't supposed to fit

well my buddy is not going to paragon he is saving up for Camp J**p, but he gave me the directions and he gave me his map of Paragon. He said that the baltimore four wheeling club usualy meet at the blue commet dinner. anyway...

We can met at the burger king on route 1 (say if your going to go wheling at pendell instead of turning into the woods there keep goin straight burgerking will be on your right.)
then we will be taking the Pa turnpike to the north east extention (exit 25) to Allentown (exit 33) follow signs to 309 north, 309 runs into Hazleton Wendey's will be on your left and the blue commet dinner ill be on your right (railroad tracks) make a left at the light go appox. 2 lights untill you can bear left follow that untill you see a gas station and te water tower entrance the water tower trail is a green trail (Damage unlikly. Some challenges Mostly senic) Do you have directions from Paragon to your hotel? I will be caling tomorrow to get the directions to the camp ground.

Not to much longer Dead Link Removed

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

no problem ...anyone else wants one just let me know.

i cant concentrate on work ...just thinking about those rocks ... its supposed to be great weather this weekend too !!!

how are those directions and meeting place coming J91FORD ?

------------------

i am going to compare your directions to the ones in the confirmation letter ... i am also staying at one of the hotels listed in the confirmation letter so i can get directions from b4w.

also we are supposed to go to the camp ground thursday night for sign in, and safety inspection.

------------------

j91 also ...PLEASE be very specific on the directions to the burgerking ... sometimes i get stupid, we are already leaving about the latest that i wanted to so i dont want to miss it

my spare is all strapped in, the sorkel is on
tonight i will fix my cb and do a little other wiring and i will be all set.

------------------

WOW! 7:00 looks like ill be sleeping in the truck (since it will be too dark to set everything up) Oh well

ok you get off the pendell exit go past the entrance trail go through i think 3 lights the burgerking will be on your right.

My Dad is familiar with that area and he got better directions for the camp ground but it is still aprox 2 hrs.

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box

j91 ... we will meet you tomorow at 7:00 pm at the burgerking .....

do we take the pendell exit off rout 1 and pass the trails ?

or do we go past the pendell exit and stay on rout 1 ?

how far past or after pendell exit is it ?

------------------

yeah .... but eagle is away and wont be back till 5:00 then must load up...i figure we will leave by 6:00 then its about an hour from his house to pendell

today is the big day .... im am getting NOTHING done at work ! im gonna leave work at 12:00 to get all loaded and set up ...still have to pick up the film and an extra battery for the cam.

------------------

well ... there is not much i can say about the trucks on the trip because there was only one explorer .... but the trip itself was incredible. i would not reccomend paragon for stockers altho there are stocker rated trails .. there are not many and most of them would be upper level for stockers.

but for modified trucks ...i would reccomend that you get there as soon as you can ...it is fun, beautiful, and CHALLENGING.

the majority of trails are rock crawling but there are hills and mud too... just about evrything.

and last ...the people on the trip were awesome ...evryone was cool and had a great time !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back