new thread for the pines run 5-6-00 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new thread for the pines run 5-6-00

Tank

Reaction score
the old thread dissappeared so this is a new one .....

i couldent post a reply yesterday so to answer the question of how much $ it would cost if we eat out ... not much maby $10.00 or so it would be a small bar/grill or a chain like ground round or chillis or something like that

------------------
if you never get stuck, you just arent playing hard enough

Fortunately God looks out for fools and 4-wheelers, or am I being redundant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

eihter way is ok with me...if we bbq we could have one or two people get the food and evreryone chip in $$ when we meet..ony prob is someone would have to put out the $$ first..i guess whatever is the easyest way..
Are the trails planned out? if so..is it possible to be near a place to eat around noon? See ya, Jim

It really doesn’t matter to me either. But I think I am leaning towards the restaurant idea. But two things.

1. TANK do you need any special permits to BBQ in the Pines?
2. It would look really cool to have tons of lifted trucks pull into a parking lot. Can you say “photo OP”.

Still no luck finding my shifter linkage yet TANK. I have only a few more places to try before all of my ideas are exhausted. After that I will be by to fabricate one.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
Drilled Airbox
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Ok...I got the day off so I will be there. Any idea what time we are meeting yet? I get off around 7:30 and I know it would take me about 1-1 1/2 hrs toget down that way. If anyone is coming from North Jersey, maybe we could meet up somewhere on the road. Just and idea. Keep me posted..P.S., it's probably easier to eat at a restaurant some i'm down with that.

------------------
Norman B.
97 Mountaineer 5.0 V8 AWD
KKM Tru-Rev with Homemade Ram Air
BOSCH PLATINUM +4's
Prestige Platinum 750a-APS alarm w/ remote start
Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks
More to Come Before Summer :)

Hey guys,
im down with whatever. just set a time and if someone could post them directions again ill be there.

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box
-Gibson preformance exhaust
-4:56 gears

ok lets just say we will hit a resturant since no one feels strongly one way or the other and it would be much easier.

now ....

we will meet at 9:00 am at
COMMAND ENTERPRISES
700 N DELSEA DR
PITMAN NJ
856-589-7875

directions :

the easyest way to get there is rout 55 take exit ( i think its 56 ) for pitman , glassboro ... this will put you on woodburry glassboro road... go thru 2 lights ( close together) then the next light will be about a mile ( there will be a wawa on your far left) make a left at the light onto holly ave... holly will bring you to a light at rout 47 delsea dr, you can only go left or right.... you will be facing a house, on the right of the house is kelly carpets and on the left of the house is a parking lot then a white building ( that is command someone stole our sign) pull into the parking lot and youre there.

for those coming from the north and want to take the turnpike ... take exit 3 after the toll go down the ramp for camden... as soon as you get off the exit and onto the road get to your left... make a left at the first light ( less that 100 yards from the ramp i think) there is a wendys at the light... this will put you into and industrial park... follow the road to the end...you will be facing a gas station make a right then a quick left ( to go around the gas station ) you will come to another intersection where you can only go left or right...go left ...this will take you over rout 42 directly after the overpass turn left ...this will take you to the on ramp for rout 42 .... once on 42 watch for the onramp for rout 55 then follow the other directions from there

------------------

Sounds good. I hope to be there around 9am but will give myself till 9:30 if thats ok. Talk to you guys soon.

------------------
Norman B.
BOSCH PLATINUM +4's
Manik Pushbar & Tailight Gaurds

i will be there at 8:00-8:30 and we will head out as soon as everyone is here.

how is evryone fixed for the basic equipment ?

TRAIL EQUIPMENT
by Gerald Jarrett

This list is prepared for the purpose of educating oneself on the items needed to be carried onboard in order to confidently enjoy a fourwheeling adventure with your vehicle (the purpose, after all, is to have fun!).

This information represents the collective opinion and consensus of our members, some of whom have many years of fourwheeling experience. If you are new to the sport, welcome! By paying attention to these suggestions your first trip (as well as all those thereafter) will be the exciting experience it is meant to be. This sport is seriously fun and an enjoyable experience as long as you adhere to a few basic, easy, common sense concerns. Happy Trails!

Initial Presumptions: All of what follows is based on the assumption of a few basic facts. Make sure you and your vehicle meet these three criteria:
A) Your vehicle is in sound mechanical condition: good brakes, tires, belts & hoses, fluid levels, full tank of gas, etc.
B) This is not a sport for hermits. NEVER wheel alone. The sole exception is if you are very familiar with the trail you are on, have run it at least twice before, and are positively sure your vehicle can negotiate the terrain.
C) Contain and strap down anything that will hurt if it hits you. For the same reason that you use a seatbelt even though you do not plan an accident, while offroading you prevent possible injury by containing equipment. As you read the following information, keep in mind that supplies must be contained in some fashion that will prevent bodily injury during rough bouncing, extreme maneuvers and/or vehicle atitudes. If you have never been out yet, trust everyone here that you will be absolutely amazed at what your stock vehicle can do. Trust me. Trust us. Trust the J**pers who stand amazed and dumbfounded after they watch us show 'em up on the trail. There may (will) come a time when you're near vertical either up or down -yes, even in your stock 4wd Explorer!- and you do not want unopened Coke cans, tools, and other metal objects impaling your cranium. There are many options. Go to an Army/Navy store or Farm/Ranch supply to get a large old 81mm military shell box to load your trail stuff in, then strap it down to the rear cargo area hooks we have on our vehicles. Or find your own solution. Use real straps, not bungee cords.

REQUIRED ITEMS

The items on this list are not optional. Do not even think of showing up for a run unless you have all of them. If you do, don't follow me. Go find another group. This bare-bones list assumes you are in a group and in case of an emergency you will still have access to the other "Necessary Items" (from the next list) through another group member.

· Water, 1 gallon per person per day minimum, 2 gallon minimum in summer.
· Personal supplies for at least twice the time you plan on being out:
If you are going on a morning trip, pack a lunch and trail snacks, beef jerky, fruits, dry/canned food, etc. If you are going on an afternoon or all day trip, assume you may spend the night in the vehicle and pack accordingly: medications, flashlight, batteries, matches/lighter, and blankets & gear appropriate to the environment, area, and season.
· CB
· Fire Extinguisher
· First Aid Kit
· Spare Key kept on your person
· Towstrap, at least 20', bare with no metal hooks/brackets attached
· Full Size Spare, lug wrench
· Standard Bottle Jack with 12" square wooden platform for use in soft ground
· Basic Tool Kit
· Fix-A-Flat and/or Tire Plug kit and air compressor (12 volt plug-in or other)
· Trash bag, for your own as well as other's trash
· Towpoints front and rear, frame mounted
Many of our newer vehicles have no good place to attach a towpoint in front. In an emergency a 20' towstrap can be looped through itself around the front crossmember. If this is your situation get a 20' towstrap, not a 30' one. The 30' straps are too thick to go around the top of the crossmember. A "hidden hitch" style receiver with the hitch pin inserted can be utilized as a rear towpoint.

NECESSARY SUPPLIES (REQUIRED IN GROUP)

This is the shopping list you really need to fill in order to be properly prepared. You should endeavor to attain these supplies as soon as possible. In a group outing all of these items should be available through one or another vehicle in the group.

· Cellphone
· HiLift Jack
· Work Gloves, Shop Towels
· Hand winch device such as a comealong (the HiLift Jack can also be used as a winch)
· Tow and winch supplies: "D"ring/clevis, snatch block (pulley), blanket or heavy towel to lay on the cable while winching
· Extra fluids: oil, transmission fluid, etc
· Complete tool kit including but not limited to:
Socket set with extensions Crescent wrench Vise-Grips
Screwdrivers, std & philips head Wire cutters Baling / safety wire
Pliers: std, needlenose, channel lock Duct tape JB Weld
Electrical tape & spare connectors Utility knife Hammer
Hacksaw with spare blade Crowbar Jumper Cables
Super Glue/Quickdrying Exopy Tank sealant putty

· Bungee cords
· Shovel, std or military foldup
· Axe, at least hand axe/hatchet
· Assorted Spare fasteners, nuts, bolts, pop rivets, etc
· Spare Parts such as belts, hoses, radiator stop-leak, etc
· Map and Compass if you are new or unfamiliar to the area

CONVENIENCES

None of the following items are necessary to get you back home. However, we have large vehicles with plenty of space and there is no reason not to pack a duffel or (soft!) travel bag with these items. If (when) you end up needing any one of these items you will be very happy you brought them all along.

· Work coveralls, cap, golashes/rubber overboots , and plastic tarp to lay on
· Hiking boots or comfortable walking shoes (if you are not already wearing them)
· Toilet paper, Paper Towels, Waterless hand scrub and/or Wet Wipes
· Sunscreen, Insect Repellent
· Change of Clothes
· Camera
· Also a cooler with latching top and handles to use as strap point

WISH LIST

These are the fun toys that make wheelin' more enjoyable. Some are expensive, some are not. Some require training. Some you may already have. Get them if you can.
· Camping gear: tent, stove, water purification tablets, etc
· Winch and full winch supply kit
· Onboard air compressor such as ARB or QuickAir
· GPS
· Externally mounted Jerry Can for fuel
· 12 volt and battery powered portable tools: Impact wrench, drill, spotlight
· Ham radio (license required to operate)
· Onboard welder
· Camcorder

Have a safe and enjoyable experience. See you Off The Road!

------------------

I have some of the items. I probably won't have all that I need by Saturday, but I figured with al of us going, if something is needed, collectively, we should have it.

------------------
Norman B.
BOSCH PLATINUM +4's

yeah ...this is not the type of trip that you need to pack an entire second truck in parts . all of the serious wheeling obstacles will have bypasses for stockers and the faint hearted. but..... i think that that list (with a few modifications) will be the standard for wheeling from this group.... i have had totally and i mean TOTALLY un-prepared trucks show up and everyone spends more time un-stucking them than having a good time....... oh sure ...its fun watching them get stuck in mud up to their wiperblades in a bone stock truck...but pulling them out evry 5 seconds gets old.

------------------

I have all of the "required items" and all of the "necessary supplies" a couple of conveniences

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box
-Gibson preformance exhaust
-4:56 gears

Yous guys bring the supplies and I will use them Dead Link Removed

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
Drilled Airbox

Where are we going???
And why are we in a hand basket???

Tank and the gang,

You folks doing the Pines run this weekend: Best of luck and keep the shiny side up.

I suspect that I'll be joining ya'll sometime this summer for a run a little closer to home. Dead Link Removed Maybe western PA or something around there. I expect to see a good report of your trip!

I'm leaving in the AM for Moab, but I don't intend to drive 1600 miles too often. It's something I've always wanted to do, so I'm going for it.

------------------
Tom
99 Sport 4x4
SOHC
Auburn Rear & Gerald's old Shackles
265/75-R16 BFG AT's that weren't supposed to fit

ok guys ... i will be at command enterprises by 8:00 - 8:30 ...the phone number is 856-589-7875 in case you have trouble finding the place. ( you wont, but just in case )

we will leave as soon as everyone is here or BY 10:00 whichever comes first. i will have the shop open for potty brakes ( for those of you coming from further away ) and theres a pepsi machine inside too.

its supposed to be an incredible day !
i am REALLY looking forward to it !

please .... so we dont forget anyone .... post one more time who is going ( we lost the old list when we lost the original thread)

------------------

Tank, i'll be there hopefully before 10am. I get off work at 7:30, take care of some things at home and should be on my way by 8-8:15.

------------------
Norman B.
BOSCH PLATINUM +4's

ok ...to make this simple i will post the list of who has posted and who im bringing... just copy and paste the list onto your post and add yourself....

tank +2 others
eagle
j91ford
emstaxi

------------------

Tank, I was planing on going but.....I was away all week and I got up this morning and Im sick as a dog! We'll im bummed out ill try again next time...goodluck guys and enjoy
Jim

we missed you gtmazz ... maby next time ?

well i enjoyed myself, i know ole yeller had a great time, and bobby ... lets call him "piney bob" is now on a 24hr a day 7 day a week quest for a truck so he can join us regularly. i would really like to know what you think about the run... and wether you would go again.... im thinking rainy season ...

i would have to put my vote in for emstaxi for wheeler of the day ....

i personaly got to test out my 12v impact wrench and it worked better than i EVER would have imagined. im looking up the price today and will post it probably in the pendell thread since this one will be dead after we all are done talking about the trip.

could someone post the length of a highlift jack ... i am looking for a place to mount it .

did anyone find any ticks ? i had a few in my truck but none on me or the family.

last but not least ... ems and j91...you guys missed out on lunch at the pick-a-lilly ... the food was prety good ..the wings were hot...the beer was cold... the mugs were frosty... and we had a good time...

oh yeah and one more last thing .... i would like copies of ANY pictures either post them here, email them to me , or next time we meet bring the hard copies, im going to bug eagle to help me do a basic web page and i will post our trips there, i also have an album that i carry with me wherever we go..... sorry emstaxi i didnt think of it till i was home or i would have shown it to you it has pics of pendell and paragon

------------------

Let me start off by saying that EMSTAXI you should change your name to the ENEGIZERBUNNY. I am yet again amazed at the off road prowess of a stock explorer. I hope to see you and your truck at many other events. I did not find any ticks on my person. My Hi-Lift jack is (I think) 48 inches. They make all different sizes. Mine is the tallest they make. They are well worth the investment as we noticed me changing my flat tire. I had a great time and Bob was an amazing trail guide. He should think about doing that for a side job. Well my truck To-Do list is getting longer and longer. I hope that I can get must of it done before Paragon.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
Drilled Airbox

Where are we going???
And why are we in a hand basket???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im going to have to see what size i need and what size i can fit...what im thinking is replacing the aluminum bar i made to hold my spare in, with a hi-lift...but it would need to fit in my the length of my bed....

eagle if you need any parts made let me know ...i have a vice on the fadal reserved for "emergency jobs" so i can squeeze something in prety quickly...

also ... would you do the pines run again? or what would you change to make it better ?

my goal here is to plan another trip with more trucks...we can call this weekends fun a test drive... so i am looking for all the input you can give me

------------------

Back