Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more

Tank

Reaction score
ok east coasters.... a new thread for us..

lets set up a trip to pendell for saturday 2-2-00

who is in ?

------------------
if you never get stuck, you just arent playing hard enough

Fortunately God looks out for fools and 4-wheelers, or am I being redundant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I closed the other thread as requested since a new one was already made up. I suggest that you keep one thread next time. That way people won't have to go back and forth to find information which is pertinant to the trip.

That's the way it has always been done.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com

www.4x4central.com

Tank, i'm in! Dead Link Removed cant wait!!!! you can always count on me going, i just look at some of the pictures from last time they look good! lets see if we can get some more trucks to go.

Jim

Great pics Eagle! Man, I gotta learn to keep my head in the window! one of these days I'm gonna get a rock in the eye or something.

I will show up to the 2-2 run as well.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

I don't know exactly how to say this but 2-2-00 is on a Wednesday. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Tom

i have an even better idea .... instead of saturday 2-2-00 ...lets go saturday 2-5-00, i know its only 3 days apart but theres just something weird about a saturday in the middle of the week. Dead Link Removed

anyway ... we are off to a good start
j91ford
hix ( and drew )?
and tank

the more the merrier !

------------------

We go to pendell too much. We should hit Pine Barrens instead. A little change of pace would be good for us.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

I HERD OF THE PINE BARRENS BEFORE,
HOW IS THE TERAIN THERE? (MUD ETC.)
IM UP FOR ANYTHING WHAT EVER YOU GUYS
DECIDE ON YOU CAN COUNT ON ME BEING THERE. Dead Link Removed

JIM

Lot's a mud! We will ahve to be sure to change the fluids after a Barrens run!

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

OK guys... I have some news about Paragon... I'll be taking a trip up there this weekend to check the place out with my club... I'm not actually going to be doing any wheeling though. My club has a good standing with Reed the guy who owns the place and he said he would like a little help cutting some trails and stuff. So that's my primary purpose for this trip.

However, I will be sure to ask Reed if I can bring up a group of guys and ask him how much it would run us for a weekend. We will probably need to get a guide or if one of you all is a guide than that would be excellent. When I'm up there I will also check and see what is needed to become a guide and let you all know what the deal is there.

As far as Pendell is concerned... I'd really love to go but Phili is about 90 miles from my house and that's pushing the day trip distance. Maybe when I get hold of my funds I'll come up. Right now I'm happy playing in the little bit of snow we have.(2 feet) Dead Link Removed

Is anyone interested in Gettysburg PA?? I've heard from a Jeep club that there is a good bit of decent trails up there... They say it's enough for at least 5-6 hours good wheelin.

I'll keep everyone posted on how the thing goes at Paragon this weekend. I have a feelin that he's going to want us to pay for a guide for the first trip out but we'll see...

What kinda fourweeling do you all prefer doing??

Do you all have a preferance of one thing over another?? (EX. Rock Crawlin)

Happy Wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed

Hey guys,
One of these days Im going to make it...!! Im getting itchy!!! Im working on putting new tires on and going to a 4" lift (i have 2" now).....What we should do is scout out several places now (and after everthing thaws!).
And then maybe plan something big in the spring. I think If we plan something far enough ahead it will give everyone enough time to make the time.

Im up for the Pines. There is a lot of trails and " pits" sand and mud depending on where u go. Closer to the shore its more sand..of course. I have a friend that lives near the "Pines" and nows some of the trails...I'll get with him.
Does anyone know anyone in the "Jeep club" they held a 2 day Pines run last year? There is over 500 miles of trails there. Very easy to get lost ...been there done that!!!

Well maybe ill try to hit pendell in Feb

See ya, Jim

You guys are gonna love this!!! My buddy Hajji just bought a bronco he is going to totally redo. He plans on replacing the engine, axles,and lifting it 15inches to put boggers on it. He has one problem, he doesn't think he should do this if all the parts aren't broken. He said that if we go to penndell he will bring it out at launch it off of eveything we are scared to drive over. Dead Link Removed I'm talking major carnage here. Dead Link Removed He even rented a flatbed to bring the truck home! They are bringing Helmets and all the saftey stuff. Man I love crazy people!! Dead Link Removed

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

HIX THATS SOUNDS GREAT! I CANT WAIT TO WATCH THIS! :p SO I GUESS THIS MEANS WE ARE GOING TO PENNDEL THS WEEKEND THATS BETTER FOR ME ITS CLOSER Dead Link Removed WELL SET A TIME AND I WILL BE THERE.

i have GOTTA see this !!!!

im in for this weekend ....guys this is one to NOT miss. i just spoke with eagle and he is going to try to bring "the beast" ...and thats not what he calls his wife Dead Link Removed
i think its almost definate that it will be there.

when are we gonna go ?
SATURDAY IS BEST FOR ME ... but i wont miss this one even if it is sunday.
lets set this up ASAP so i can make my schedule

------------------

Saturday it is! 10-11am fine for you all? I went to penndell by myself on Saturday and it was great! Theres nothing like Wheeling the hard stuff in pow-pow(snow)! Combine that w/ the fact that I was the only truck out there w/ only one other guy in the truck to push and it was a stressfull run.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

im there !!!
i like the new features in the message board.

how do you get the trucks to appear under your name?

gtmazz you going ?
i could meet you wherever.
if not do you ever go to greentree tobbacco ?
i have a picture album from our other trips. if you or anyone wants to meet there one night a sit in the lounge and smoke a few and trade wheelin stories. im in for that too.

------------------

Talked to Drew and he said the guy w/ the Truck can only come on Sunday. So....I will be there on Sun at 10 am.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

I think I should change my name from Eagle to CameraMan. Count me in this Sunday. I will either drive with Tank or show up in my Stocker. (I couldn’t get the paper work done in time to drive the beast.) What time Sunday?

EXPLORERDUDE How was Paragon? Did you get some good info on their next trip. Keep us informed if ya don’t mind. I think Tank is going to have a heart attack if he misses another Paragon run.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Ok, so Sunday at 10am. The snow should be great! And it should keep the ground from freezing which means....MUD! This might be my last trip! I got a job offer I can't refuse and I am moving back to Denver at the end of Feb. I will give you guys Drew's # cause he's always down w/ Pendell.

J91ford...That also means that this week-end is your last chance to buy those pretty gears I have been trying to sell you.
Don't worry about it if you don't want em anymore. I will just install them at a later date.

Eagle....Why don't you just put the plates fro your explorer on the Beast and drive up?
I know you have a lead foot, but if you keep it under the speed limit you should be ok. Besides it IS registered, right? You just haven't gotten the paperwork. "I'm sorry officer I thought I was suppposed to transfer the plates from my Explorer to this truck? Insurance? Here ya go!" Dead Link Removed

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hix,
i just wanted to let you know that i am going to buy those pretty gears off of you so you can bring them to penndel sunday Dead Link Removed
you want $500 right? ok see you there!

jim

Back