Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe that I do have the invoice. The ring and pinions you can tell all the parts are there(you know, the ring and the pinion).
The Cross shaft is just one piece, and the install kits are still in the wrapper! Anyway I hope everyone makes it!

SUNDAY 10 AM!

I think I will bring a 12pk of beer if someone else wants to bring some snacks or something. I said only a 12pk cause that should keep us under the legal limit. I'm too old to get into trouble.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

HIX sorry to hear ya go. Best of luck to you in Denver and keep in touch. Did I hear someone say “show me the money” Dead Link Removed There is no way I can bring the truck. It is not registered. When I went to renew the registration they said that it is 7 years old and cannot renew it. So I have to dig up the title and start over again. I hate the DMV Dead Link Removed But you might get to see it after all. I will see ya this weekend with TANK. We should be there around 10ish. Meet ya inside. Does anyone want or need to caravan with us coming from NJ?

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

this weekend was fun.
gonna miss having hix there, but as long as you visit we can set up a wheelin day and do it anytime. " good luck in colorado! "

well a quick rundown of the day
got the tank stuck in some 20" deep ruts and proved that my signature is not just a saying.
played s.s. icebreaker again.
barely escaped crossing a "frozen" mud hole as the ice broke beneath me. i hope we got some good pictures of that. we will have to check out eagles site later this week.

most importantly of all. we (especially J91ford)learned to never ever let eagle hook up a towstrap.

------------------
if you never get stuck, you just arent playing hard enough

Fortunately God looks out for fools and 4-wheelers, or am I being redundant.

Hey all,

Hix, sorry to hear you're leaving...

I didn't see Reed the weekend I went to Paragon so unless someone else has a connection that's out of the question. But I do know a back way in to the place now. LOL Even though Reed is hardly ever there, I think the place is too big to not have a trail guide or at least a couple people who know where they're going. When we went we did a bunch of awesome trails. We went down Turtle trail all covered in snow which made it a lot of fun. A friend of mine in a full size blazer with 38's on it had problems... He slid into a tree and screwed his (my) door up pretty badly. Then I got a lap full of glass as the window shattered when the mirror hit it. Then on the way out a friend of mine climbed up impossible in his TJ. It was great. He's got all kinds of work done to it. Between his knowlege and his rig he crawled right up it. The mini rubicon was very interesting. We tried going up it in the Blazer but didn't make it past the first rock!! Dead Link Removed It was all frozen over. You could barely walk up it. A buddie of mine in his Bronco(not full size) managed to get half way up and then slid down into a rock... Then he had to whinch his way up the rest of the trail. It was pretty cool. All in all I had a ball. I should of taken my Explorer.

From what I've been told if some of you would like to go along with my club and are willing to pay(for Paragon), then you can go as long as you call the trail leader and event coordinator ahead of time. My club is really cool. They do a lot of the harder trails when we have enough people to do them. We usually try to limit the number of people to 10 trucks per trail tops. Only one major thing... NO ALCOHOL!! You can drink when you get back to the hotel that's the only major rule. Well I gotta get to class... Good luck in Colorodo HIX!!

I'll make another Post when I get home!!

How many Explorers did you guys get together? It would be great if you could write up a report and send some photos for the website.

Rick

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com

www.4x4central.com

It was only 2 Exploders, a Hummer and a Z71.
Eagle and J91FORD took many picks so between the two of them I am sure we could do a write-up. You might even get to see almost tip over.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

Ok... So I was having an out of body experience when I was hooking up that tow strap. Dead Link Removed Sorry again J91FORD I owe ya a beer. Might I suggest a Class III tow hitch. I will stick to taken pictures. Thanks HIX for bringing the grub and Java. It hit the spot. Dead Link Removed We will miss ya. Keep in touch and let us know if ya wants to go wheelin one more time before ya leave. I will be picking up the pictures tonight. TANK and I watched the video and it was nothing to write home about. If ya really want a copy send your video tapes to me and I will record it fer ya. Send me and E and I will give you my address. I think J91FORD took video not stills. I might be wrong. I will be posting the best pics on my sight hopefully by tomorrow. I need to squeeze some space out first. Which mean some pics are going to get the axe. Dead Link Removed

EXPLORERDUDE: It sounded like you had a good time at Paragon. I would not recommend doing it yourself w/o a guide. It is a VERY VERY big and unforgiving place. I would rather pay the price for a guide. Your 4 wheel club sounds fun. Baltimore is a bit to far for me to travel for club meetings. Maybe I can talk TANK into joining together. Since he drives on the trails I can drive to the meets. What do ya think TANK.

RICK: This trip was small. Only 4 trucks. I can write up a little narrative but for 2 FORD, 1 CHEVY and 1 HUMMER it isn’t going to be to large. I will try to focus the write up on the explores.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto

Sunday was a good day i enjoyed it Dead Link Removed
and the hitch incident ..... well it happens and dont worrie about it eagle, i have some work to do, fixing by brush gaurd. and adding those gears from hix. when ever you guys want to go again just let me know and im there.

Jim

J91FORD ; how did your videos turn out ?
if it is any good could you make me a copy and bring it next time ? i will pay you for the tape when i see you.

this weekend is tempting but the tank needs some attention. gonna change ALL the fluids including the gear boxes. then give her a good bath. i am also supervising the moving of about a half million dollars worth of equipment saturday morning so im definately gonna have to pass this weekend.

------------------

oh yeah .... did anyone get a picture of j91ford pulling out the tank ?

i am sure that rick would LOVE to have a picture of an explorer pulling out a hummer.

------------------

The way our club works is pretty much if you come along with us on a couple trips and they approve you, and you live out of state or to far to feasibly make the meetings then they'll let you ride along on they're trail rides. You should talk to Lou our club President. (Club Hotline 410-668-3430) Tell him that you know me. (Joe Gill) Explain to him that you're willing to join but the meetings would be too far for you to drive. I wouldn't be suprised if he lets you join. He has a couple out-of-staters that have a memebership that don't attend any of the meetings because of the distance from us. The bottom line is as long as you're experienced and practice Tread Lightly then they'll let you in and especially if you're a member of United. Well my explorer needs a bath. Dead Link Removed I'll keep you all posted. Call the hotline and have em send you a newsletter they're free.

Happy Wheelin',

Joe Dead Link Removed
94 Explorer
Needs Washed Bad

The pictures turned out great. But alas I did not get a picture of J91FORD pullin TANK out. I was to busy trying to figure out how to hook up that darn tow strap Dead Link Removed Insert “but” here… but it is going to take me longer to post the pics on my sight. The company I work for is going thru a Joint Venture a.k.a. “resistance is futile prepare to be assimilated.” So my schedule is full trying to connect 4 different companies with voice and data connections. I really hate being a perfectionist.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto

ok ... so... eagle is now known as locusent ( locutus + lucent ) of borg.

does your collective have my hard copies of the pictures ?

what about your video, j91ford ?

explorerdude : i didnt catch the beginning of your conversation with eagle. is your club just explorers ? or is it open to all knowledgable, safe, wheelers ?

------------------

tank
the video came out ok, the big bad explorer is on there when it pulls out the hummer Dead Link Removedand also when my hitch broke Dead Link Removed i will make i video up for you if i can figure out how and dont worrie about it u dont have to pay for the tape.

this weekend looks bad for me to im trying to get them gears on this weekend (hopefully) and im going to the monster truck show sunday

jim

cool thanks j91ford Dead Link Removed

lets shoot for next weekend then. i need the maintenance time too.
we need too test out those gears so you will be ready for a paragon run Dead Link Removed

i want to try the rut at the bottom of the hill again.... i know i got stuck, but i still think i can make it... i just didnt try hard enough i guess Dead Link Removed (besides j91ford still has one chain loop left on his hitch) Dead Link Removed

------------------

Well its out there for your viewing pleasure. It is being held together by duck tape and bubble gum. Check it out while ya can.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto

Hey, J91ford I found modified cross pin in my truck. I know you will need it so let me know when/where to drop it off.

EAGLE, I can't veiw your homepage. Can you email me some pics.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

Try this direct link. http://www.members.home.net/skip12/Pendell3.htm
If that still doesn’t work let me know and I will send ya some.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey hix,
good thing you found that! Dead Link Removed
are you going to be in the area of penndel any time soon? i can meet you when ever if your going to be around that area. Are you going to go wheelin this weekend there? Im in no real rush for it because im looking at some lockers and still saveing up for the instalation.

Back