BIG pines run 6-17 & pendell run 6-18 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BIG pines run 6-17 & pendell run 6-18

Hey metjeep, its good to see you on the board again. Did you get the e-mail (actually two e-mails) I sent you? It had a couple of pics that I took that looked somewhat interesting.

Just so you know, I did add some more friction modifier to the rear end, which quieted it down immensely. I also found that an annoying clunk which I thought was in the rear end was actually coming from somewhere in the old spring/aftermarket shackle setup. That's gone now that I changed to the OME springs. :)

It took some serious effort to get the glue-like mud off the Explorer. The hard rain in PA didn't do it. The high pressure car wash hose (along with $8.00 in quarters) didn't do it. Hand washing finally took the goo off. But, you probably already knew what I would be doing.

So, have you gotten the offspring out for some more 4-wheelin' training. She did pretty well, especially considering her lack of driving experience. Something tells me you won't be able to keep her away from Pendell and the like. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im baaaaakkkkk

hey guys im back finally ..... well sorry i missed the sunday run in the pines....
i went to the site and those pics are great !

im itching to get out again if anyone is up for it ....any ideas ?

well going to the hidden lakes today fell through because im not getting my truck back untill 4:00 today so we are heading there first thing tomorrow morning and if it is any good we could maybe go there?

If there is a good amount of some smaller trucks (explorers, jeeps....) we could go to the double bridges

Here is another idea..

Lets make a run to Arizona!! We can call the trip the "run for the border." We could probable get corporate sponsorship from Taco Bell. Hell I would even use that little dog as a hood ornament. What do ya say guys.

Welcome back Tank

Hey Tank, its good to see you back! Yeah, it was an enjoyable run. Getting stuck was, well, a learning experience. Actually, I enjoyed the day, even the stuck part. Fortunately, Randy came very prepared for it, with the hand winch, high lift, and a couple of straps. If you're going to play in the mud, those are the necessary tools. Of course, mud tires and gobs of ground clearance helps as well. As would a winch. And the list goes on....

Well what can I say, I had a good time as did all the others that went along that weekend. I'm looking forward to a paragon trip in August, hopefully with a few more Explorers along with the rest of the crew.

Great commentary

That story told it all. Great photo of me doing my best Vana White impression.

MORE PARAGON

ok i just got an e-mail from the president of pa j**ps. great guy and the best spotter this side of hong kong. he said that there will be a bunch of trips to paragon coming up. most of them are in association with b4w and therefore open to any type of truck...... last time there was only ONE explorer there out of 85 trucks ....... J91FORD !!! and he did great ..... maby we can get him out on the harder trail next time ?

anyone interested in going let me know and i will post the details as i get them.....

i would HIGHLY recomend going out there if you have the means ..... but keep in mind the minimum requirements

full size spare
front and rear tow points
31" tires

you dont need them but lockers would be a HUGE help ...and they are required on the more dificult trails.

tom wilk and metjeep ...

i vote that tom wilk and metjeep be named the official east coast off road documentary makers.... that was an awesom write up ...

when do you all want to do it again ?

Thanks

Tank, thanks for the accolades. As it worked out, I ran out of film at Penndel, so Metjeep's pics were invaluable for Pines. There have probably been greater stucks than this, but this one illustrated the value of recovery equipment.

As far as Paragon, I'd really like to give it a whirl if it falls on the right weekend. Got to try out the new springs. Like Norman, I work some weekends and I'm off others. It would be great if a couple of those Indiana or Illinois folks could get there as well. Maybe we need a new thread for Paragon.

Oh yeah, Eagle, I'd like to buy a vowel. :)

Back