Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheelin at Pendell(Philly Area) and more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Going first and blazing the trail does have it advantages Dead Link Removed Maybe now is a good time to install that snorkel unit.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

congradulations hix !! Dead Link Removed

eagle ... i tried your direct link and my bookmark and still cant get to your site. dont forget the hard copies tonight (tues)

well guys im out again for this weekend .... i didnt finish my fluid changes, still have the tranny, transfer case, and 4 geared hubs, and the oil...no big deal but im waiting for a dual filter adapter ( this week i hope ) and a pair of optima batteries. and need to change the antifreeze... (it looks like mud)and finally i have to hit all the lube fittings ... running through the water so much and it being cold so i couldent get real cleaned up has made it almost desperate. i might park her till i get the rest done.

gotta keep up that maintenance !

------------------
if you never get stuck, you just arent playing hard enough

Fortunately God looks out for fools and 4-wheelers, or am I being redundant.

My club is all makes and models. It's mostly Jeeps Dead Link Removed a few mid 60's broncos and a bunch of other cool trucks. They are all a great group of people. We are always looking for new members. Like I said, if you get the number in this post that I left, call them and leave your name and address they'll send you a monthly newsletter that includes there monthly trail ride. They have some really cool trips. They go to Paragon about 10 times a year and they make a trec down to Tellico for a week long trip once a year. Call the hotline I left above, start getting newsletters, and any trailride you'd like to go on call the guy who's leading it. Dead Link Removed Got to run!!!

Have any of you guys experienced problems with your A4LD(AKA terd)?

I seem to be having some slight slippage in mine... I don't know what to do. I couldn't install a rebuild let alone begin to rebuild one... I can't find a shop that'll put a different torque converter in for me. The honest guy I know only puts OEM Rebuilds in. Dead Link Removed He'll rebuild it with heavyduty parts yet he won't put a different converter in... He said he can't gaurentee anything... Dead Link Removed

All the 4 wheel drive magazines I read only have things about upgrading from C4's to C6's. I'm calling Advanced Adapters tonight... Hopefully he'll have a suggestion.

Joe Dead Link Removed
94 Explorer XLT
4" Superlift Suspension
33X10.50 BFG AT KO's

OK lets try this. I think the problem is the browser version you are using. I am looking into it.
108.jpg

112.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

113.jpg

119.jpg
119.jpg

118.jpg

118.jpg

121.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

122.jpg

[This message has been edited by Eagle (edited 02-15-2000).]

explorerdude : i didnt see a number in your post.

eagle : thanks for the pictures..

------------------

Damn, this thread is getting HUGE!

J91...I have to go to Pendell to pick up some stuff. So just let me know when to meet you. No wheeling for me though. I can't afford to break anything before the move on the 25th. Can I get a copy of the video?

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

I had to do one more post just to get to 200 and get another truck!

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

hix i can meet you any day any time after 3:00. ill try to get you a video made up before i meet you.

i just found out that my dual oil filter adapter wont be in till next week Dead Link Removed !!!

so unless i can mount it up and do the oil change one night, im gonna be out for next weekend too.

oh yeah ...my sister has some friends who make movies, one will be premering this summer in philly. anyway ... they said i could bring my (our) videos to them and we could edit them together, and take out the junk ..maby even put it to music or some type of audio track. i want to get a bunch more footage first ...i think we have about 1-1 1/2 hrs all together and they told me to expect whatever i have to be cut in half

------------------

hey guys check out page 13 in the march issue of four wheeler ( on news stands now ) it has a little writeup mentioning this site and rick and the explorers.

------------------

hey guys... hows it going ? havent been any posts for a while.

j91ford .. did you get those gears in ?

the weather is getting nicer, im gettin itchy to find some mud !
right now the tank is parked , the bendix drive went on the starter, i should have the part today and have her running again.

also i started loosing air (about 10psi) over night after the last pendell run. i did a quick check on my tires and dont see any hardware sticking out but did notice gouges running around the tread. then i remembered that when i washed the mud off the under carrige there was a pile of glass in it. i think we need to be carefull where we go in the mud at pendell. i think down bottom is ok but up top and maby the base of the hill is prety bad....just dont want to see anyone loose a tire.

i have a few friends who go places in the pinebarrens ... we should try that ...SOON ! Dead Link Removed

------------------

I DIDNT GET THEM GEARS IN YET IN SHOOTING FOR THE WEEKEND OF THE 4TH I HAVE TO ORDER A FEW PARTS STILL BUT IF ANY ONE IS UP FOR A RUN THIS WEEKEND IT WOULD BE GREAT IT DONT MATTER WHERE WE GO WE CAN HIT THE PINES IF YOU WANT SOMETHING NEW I JUST PUT SHAKLES ON THE BACK AND TOW HOOKS ON THE FRONT SO IM READY TO GET DIRTY Dead Link Removed

Well guy's.....I hope y'all have fun at the Barrens. I am heading out on Friday morning.

I just wanted to stress about cleaning your front wheel bearings(inner and outter). After I met J91ford to give him the cross pin I went and switched mine out. The outter ones looked fine. The inner ones were completely tore up! And when I say completely I mean there was nothing left of them. I am very surprised that the wheels did not seize up and rip off! They were that bad. Drew helped me and he said that I probably would not have made it another 10 miles! We had to grind the races off and everything.

I also wanted to let y'all know how badly the parts stores rape you. I got all four for 50 bucks using Drews discount. The parts stores wanted 30 bucks for EACH ONE!

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

sorry j91ford.. im out for this weekend. i will try to get something organized for march either a paragon trip or a pines run.
lets shoot for 3-11 after your gears are on for a pines run.

hix, happy trails man! dont be a stranger you know where to find us. enjoy the colorado wheelin !

------------------

hey tank how is your vehicle doing ? i never got them gears in yet Dead Link Removed i quit my job so now i have to find another one to find some cash to get them installed but i went with some jeeps around here and did some trails nothing big. As soon as i get then in i want to go to paragon so m trying to get them in as soon as possible

funny you should mention that j91ford

there is a trip to paragon in may 26-28 put together by the baltimore 4 wheelers club
for all 3 days its only $85.00 ...if you want to camp there its $10.00 per person per night

it sounds awesome.... eagle has the beast on the road and will be bringing it to paragon. and i will be there. we are hoping to camp and stay all 3days. if you wantr in let me know asap an i will give you more details. we could caravan up and get a bigger camp site.

the tank is doing ok...still a few bugs that i cant find and am getting disapointed about what options i have for more power...but working on it ;-)

------------------

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back