Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th - | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the arrowhead loop and if we could all get in the loop that would be cool. Each spot holds up to eight people also.

Remeber this is one of the biggest outdoor holidays of the year so the place will be busy and getting spots all close together will be hard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im thinking that staying at the arrowhead is the best for everyone. It just has everything that we need. Power, showers, and lots left...

There is a ranger with a permanent spot in each campground and they do keep an eye on things.

I'm sure they do but I don't think they are going to kick someone out of the park for taking a shower, maybe there is a way to work something out with the park even if we have to pay.

Badin lake group camp is 3 sites, each can handle 15-35 people they say... And is 40 a night. It says they have showers, but the non-flush toilet buildings in july will not be pleasant. I vote for arrowhead and I may have a popup camper and need a powered spot.

Im going to vote arrowhead behind you.

We go to the mountains in the X every chance we get, have a few spots back in the woods that are not only primitive but very secluded. I'm all setup for roughing it and the wife is even use to a sponge bath in the tent and even willing to use a hole in the ground. I will probably save the money and rough it but I will leave my options open to whatever the group does.

Here is a better trail map the guys on NC4x4 put together.
badinlaketrailmaprevise.jpg

Ill post this up on some other Ranger sites now that we got the dates set.

I'll definitely try to make this.

That's the map with the directions that I was thinking about. Thanks for posting.

Has anyone reserved sites yet? Anybody coming in on Friday, or will it be just Saturday and Sunday nights?

Here's a map of Arrowhead campsites.

arrow_map.jpg

Has anyone called to check on the status of the campsites here, or how many are available? I am ready to reserve my spot in there, just making sure that others are choosing Arrowhead as well.

About the only way we could all guarantee that we get spots close together would be a mass reservation of spots, but that never really goes well, as it tends to leave it up to 1 person to make the entire reservation, and put them on the hook for it :) So perhaps we should just say Arrowhead...and pick your own site. Afterall, it's one thing to be grouped together, but it's also another thing to be able to choose the most desirable spot for your needs (ie. close to the bath house, away from the road, near the tent area, etc).

I'm ready to pull the trigger on reserving my spot, just wanted to double-check that most are thinking Arrowhead as the site :cool:

I'm going in arrowhead. I've just got to find out from a couple friends how many sites to reserve, and what nights.

I'm going for sure now. Got my hands on a '95 F150, and found another leak in my Intake Manifold, hopefully the source of my CEL codes.

I'm going to throw this out there.. I'm going to look at spot 36,33 or 31.. in that area, tomorrow night.

I just reserved 43 and 44 for Saturday and Sunday nights. I hope to have my tow rig / trailer / sami, Michael's Explorer, and Tripp's Sport Trac towing a pop-up.

I picked the spots I did because its closest to the bath house and the tent area, figuring most of you guys would be there. I don't know if we'll have a camper or not, may just be roughin it in the spots with electric :)

Jon you want to share a spot?

I only need a small tent also

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon you want to share a spot?

I only need a small tent also

OK,
We will have a daughter, and future son in law coming also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back