explorer sport pics | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer sport pics

x3 on that as well. How do you keep that so clean on the slaty Northeast roads?

Thanks everyone that means a lot! I just have to repaint my black trim every year or so. Also I wax her a few times a year. She shines up really well for original paint.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am going to be working on some custom projector headlights over the winter. hopefully I can take it to Ford Nationals in Carlisle and place. Thats my goal for her haha

I am going to be working on some custom projector headlights over the winter. hopefully I can take it to Ford Nationals in Carlisle and place. Thats my goal for her haha

You should definitely come to Carlisle man its always a good time!

At least I'm not the only one going for a retrofit this winter. I'm about a quarter of the way into mine. And just finishedmy projector fog project

At least I'm not the only one going for a retrofit this winter. I'm about a quarter of the way into mine. And just finishedmy projector fog project

post some pictures of your fogs! thats awesome. and Im curious what project you are using for your headlights? I havent even started mine yet. I have been saving up for a winter bobber project bike. and i still havent justified spending $400 on parts to build headlights lol.

post some pictures of your fogs! thats awesome. and Im curious what project you are using for your headlights? I havent even started mine yet. I have been saving up for a winter bobber project bike. and i still havent justified spending $400 on parts to build headlights lol.

I'll post a couple pics later. I spent 120 on the projectors themselves and they came with new hid bulbs. They're double halo. Nasty looking things.

I'll post a couple pics later. I spent 120 on the projectors themselves and they came with new hid bulbs. They're double halo. Nasty looking things.

thats pretty awesome! i definitely want to see those. where did you get them from? the projectors I was looking at dont come with a halo. but im doing a color changing one on the front. Im still unsure how im going to mount it but I will figure it out.

thats pretty awesome! i definitely want to see those. where did you get them from? the projectors I was looking at dont come with a halo. but im doing a color changing one on the front. Im still unsure how im going to mount it but I will figure it out.

EBay, man. I'll try and get a couple pics up later

Here's the bigger of the two halo:
IMG_20141201_171946_zps85f6de97.jpg

and here's a rough idea of the finished project minus the paint:
IMG_20141201_173220_zpsa6b5613d.jpg

Not a great picture, but I just put on a lund sun visor and hooked up the lights today.

hP96ZIKl.jpg

Heres what she usually looks like:

VaWzScHl.jpg

Nice tidy Sport. Where did u find the visor ? I can't find one anywhere

Nice tidy Sport. Where did u find the visor ? I can't find one anywhere
Got very lucky and found a craigslist ad that was 30 days old and never sold for whatever reason. Dunno if he lowered the price but when i saw it he was asking $30 so I met him later that day and here we are.

Wow good find. I've seen some beaten up ones on EBay a lot pricier than that

Adding a few shots just so our Sport pic thread doesn't get too buried ...

trail 1.jpg

Cresting a sand and gravel hill at Rausch Creek in PA. Soft stuff is forgiving, but the rocks were happy to remind me of the limits of the breakover angle on my 01 Sport. I can still tweak a little less than an inch out of the TT up front, but short of a Superlift kit or SAS with a SOA in the rear, that's about all I can get. Just have to know the limits, and keep plenty of spray-on undercoating around to cover the scars.

trail 2.jpg

Exploring the gravel roads and old logging trails in the Moose River Plains Wild Forest in the Adirondacks. No heavy-duty wheeling, but a good trail rig gets you a lot deeper than most can go. Good hiking, great fishing, actual moose, and camping is free (a rarity for anything in New York).

trail 4.jpg

Snow over ice in the Danby State Forest. Again, not serious wheeling, but a great for deer hunting, or to test winter trail traction. The 33x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs on the rig certainly have some limits on sharp rocks, but they're second to none in the snow. After this shot, I found an XJ on mud tires stuck at the bottom between two small hills. Yanked him up and out no problem and, in the spirit of off-road good will, he gave me a jar of his family's moonshine. Not sure whether to drink it or use it for emergency fuel.

trail 5.jpg

New Years at Connecticut Hill Wildllife Managment Area, the closest place to my hometown to even get a little dirty. Pretty mellow through most of the dirt roads, but when the loggers come through and cut some fresh trails there's fun to be had (until the rangers rope things off, of course).

Hoping to get some good upgrading work done this spring so I can go longer and deeper down the trails without turning back. If anyone knows any good three-day camping-fishing-wheeling trails from the Carolinas to Ontario, fire away.

:exp:

Thanks my friend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pictures Mike! It's like I'm looking at my truck, but it isn't black :) Looks good.

Back