• Register Today It's free!

headlight

tgabe1988

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon City, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT Exploder
my right headlight is acting wild! I turn on the switch the left headlight will come on but the right headlight wont come on however! If I go outside and like hit the thing it will come on? Wiring, bad bulb? what do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Replace the bulb. While you have it out, check the connector for corrosion. If it isn't one of those two things, start looking at the wiring with a voltmeter.

Mike

tgabe1988
Having the exact same headlight issue with my 91EB. Left headlight comes on fine. Right headlight only comes on if you give it a good whack. Going to take a look to see what's going on this weekend.

tgabe1988
Having the exact same headlight issue with my 91EB. Left headlight comes on fine. Right headlight only comes on if you give it a good whack. Going to take a look to see what's going on this weekend.

From my experience it's most likely a bad bulb. I'd replace it before you get pulled over and get a warning because it stopped working while your driving down the highway.

In my old 99 chevy malibu, I drove from Bloomington Indiana to sullivan In, Then back to Bedford with one head light. One my way home to Springville I was pulled over by an Indiana state trooper. I even had new bulbs in the car but of course it was to dark to see to change it and I had never changed them in that car before. Didn't see the pins you pull up to remove the light until the next morning. I only got a warning which was ok with me :)

Right before I sold it I took a knife and removed the pin from a bright bulb and stuck it in the dime socket :)

nobody ever flashed me but then again I had hit a deer and had no way of adjusting the lights after that 25MPH impact :(

Problem solved. Bad bulb was the culprit.

Thought I would add that I also had this problem , only I had to slam my hood to get it to work. New bulb fixed it.

Back