2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

This is wut the X looked like last year....

2217695_35_full.jpg

helping a little toy in South Padre Island this spring break

2217695_38_full.jpg

just driving 35 miles on SAND:)

2217695_32_full.jpg

Sandy Tires.. these tires are BADASS in any terrain

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is wut the X looked like last year....

2217695_35_full.jpg

helping a little toy in South Padre Island this spring break

2217695_38_full.jpg

just driving 35 miles on SAND:)

2217695_32_full.jpg

Sandy Tires.. these tires are BADASS in any terrain
got a shot of those rims/tires clean? also, link to cardomain? :) btw, i live right next to south padre island. :D :p:

So i took the X for some real off roading last night for the first time.... and let me tell you that thing is INSANE. it was me a a lifted wrangler with 33's and i went everywhere he did, even up a hill he almost flip on and almost didnt make it. Also hit a jump and got a few feet of air.. I couldnt get any pictures due to the fact the it was 1 in the morning. but we plan on goin back to the same spot and doing it during the day!! i will get pictures cuz it was insane hopw steep these hills were!!!!

very happy with the X

most wont agree but i strongly believe that 3rd gen explorers are not offroaders!!!

You just have to be willing to break stuff...way to many people rocking "bling" rims:D

wellwhen i made it just as far and somtimes easier then a 99 wrangler with a 3"lift and 33's im pretty happy with a and explorer with 2+ tire size!!!!!!!!!

Hey, sometimes you "have" to offroad. Like if its snowing and u cant see obstacles, or if ur even on the road for that matter.

I am curious as to who has put in some under-body and gas tank protection on the low riding 3rd gens. Or did u get one stock(gas skid)???

I know that there is a pretty good x-member that gives a little more protection in the middle than say...a 2nd gen(or so it looks better than a stock transfer case skid plate for a 2nd gen)...but what about the rest of the vehicle???

Did anyone bottom out on something nasty in their 3rd gen on these runs?

all im saying is that the transition that ford made from the 2nd to 3rd generation explorers were definetly to more of a grocery getter/soccer mom kinda change, im not saying that they CANNOT go offroad but with all the mods out for 2nd gens and just being able to lift a 2nd gen that much helps out a lot, i mean come on, beacuse of the half shafts and irs and so on you cant lifta 3rd gen more then 3'', 3 inches??? thats pathetic, trust me theres nothing more than i would like to lift my truck up to the sky and throw some 37's on it but it will never be possible without MAJOR mods to the frame, suspension, etc... therefor i would rather slam my ex down to the ground, thats just my opinion tho.....

holy **** that is the coolest thing ive ever seen

any idea where they got that skid plate from or if they sell them for a 3rd gen??? looks pretty good

is that a custom lift or does it just look big?

they sell them new at Fast Parts Network, but I wanna pull one out of a junkyard for the 3rd gen, No one has told me what models actually have the gas tank skid....so I dunno what to pull!

can u send me a link?

The gas tank skid is usually on the NBX series.

what kind of lift does one suppose was fabbed for that rancho explorer, it almost looks like a bodylift but it appears to sit level.

what kind of lift does one suppose was fabbed for that rancho explorer, it almost looks like a bodylift but it appears to sit level.

He's using a body lift.

CLASS 3100 puts stock truck and SUVs in competition against one another as well as the unknown elements of the Desert Southwest. The division has become a test bed for vehicle manufacturers such as Ford Motor Company.

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Explorer

Engine Size: V-8: 281 cu in, 4605 cc.

Lubricants: Amsoil

Transmission: J & H Performance built - 4-speed Automatic

Differential: Reider Racing

Tires: Kumho LT315/75R16 Road Venture AT

Wheels: Stock

Suspension: 9" of travel front and rear.

Seat: Mastercraft

Lighting: KC HiLities

Thanks. There used to be a magnet there until someone stole it. :frustrate

He's using a body lift.

if he was using a body lift that baja bumper wouldnt be able to mount in place... it would be lower than everything and would look dumb.. i just think he used gas shock replacements and new control arms

Anyone see the big Rancho labels?? Big companies have no problem making one off suspension kits for true offroad racing teams. They gain more notoriety in the after market world. The problem they have with building kits like this for the public is that they are still considered prototypes. They don't want Joe Schmoe riding down the street with a vehicle that could cause an accident, liability is huge for these guys. These Baja guys are no joke, they break something they have spare parts. I'm sure Rancho would be more than happy to build a kit for anyone of you as long as you can prove your not a novice, and you have plenty of green.

I forgot the point of my rant:D .....
There is no was that is a Body lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

umm dude they dont have a body lift for an explorer...
Technically I don't think there is a body lift for a 2nd gen Explorer either ;) But there are tons of people running the PA-8xx series on a 2nd gen -- the kit of course is for the Ranger.

There really isnt too many things involved in a body lift. The most important thing of course are the pucks. Some people don't even use the included steering shaft extension.

Back