Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Don't know what weekend is best for everyone I can do any of them just need a little advance so I can get plans worked out around the weekend we go.

For those that don't know where it is, it is in east san diego county.

Elevation is between 3-6000 feet depending on the trail. It might get a little warm during the day (not like that crazy arizonia heat though :D )but the nights should be cool. Just bring some insect repelent.

So who can make it lets see some of you arizona boys sense us cali guys came out to visit you. :D

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in! Any weekend but the one when I'm going to the drag races in Pomona! I have to check which weekend that is.

I'd love to do it.. I just have no idea when the conversion will be done (soon, I hope!)

Later in July would be good..

hmm.. the july weekends:

14/15
21/22
28/29

I might be able to make one of the last two weekends. But, I think Ray H. is also running somewhere up in BlackBear one of those weekends..

Tom, any time you are willing to drive down here, we'll throw together a run, whether or not there's one planned. This goes for you AZ and CO guys as well.

Rays run is the weekend of july 21,22. How does the following weekend sound July 28,29.

Tom and Bill- are you 2 up for a dusy-Ershim run around August 10th or so. I should have an apartment in fresno by then that we can start from and or come back to to clean up for the trip home.

Lets get something worked out.

Matt

Well, to those that know me and those that don't

I AM THERE !!!!!!

However, I forget where it is exactly. Is that down by Salton Sea ???

------------------
RRORC US-B Region Rep(CA,NV)
Region - B (CA/NV) Website
The MudRanger
98 4x4 stepside 3.0L
3" PA lift w/ 33" ProComp Mudds
Chino Hills California ( LA Area )
4x4@greatimage.com
Future Mods: Muffler Bearing, "O" Pipe, Oil Eliminator & Synthetic Blinker Fluid
sigsticker.gif

Not that far. It's in Warner Springs, southeast of Temecula.

Hey, let's get Shipwreck to go, and call it a RANGER run!

Originally posted by RangerX
Not that far. It's in Warner Springs, southeast of Temecula.

Hey, let's get Shipwreck to go, and call it a RANGER run!

yea, yea, yea, but you still can't keep up with my navajo.. :)

rockranger - I'd like, but I'm not commiting to ANYTHING till I get the conversion done. The good news - it's getting close! I can feel it!

Well, if you guy's make it for the weekend of the 28th, then Tom Rios (FAKARWEE) and I would be able to make it, but only for the one day (Sat). My truck should be done this Thurs. painted and all and Toms ready to go by this weekend also. If all goes well were going to do a test run this Sun. up in Big Bear on the John Bull Trail. We both got off-road fever bad!

Originally posted by RangerX
Tom, any time you are willing to drive down here, we'll throw together a run, whether or not there's one planned. This goes for you AZ and CO guys as well.

I would love to come out to sunny CA for a run sometime, maybe more towards the end of summer or early fall! I will drag a few Co guys out with me if I can, and maybe pick up RIck on the way

Sounds like a challenge has been laid down!

Weekend of July 28. I'll bust my butt on this conversion! (actually, it all looks like less than 2 weeks to complete. Can't wait!)

That really works for me best - enough time to deal with any problems by then.

SWEET Lets do it. Now I just need to get my truck done. what do you think new front and rear bumpers nerf bars extended radius arms bobed bed? Guess I better quit spending time here and start doing my homework for school and work on my truck.

Matt

Hey guys....

Will try and make it, found out after cinders my passenger side cv joint separated again....time for a rebuild ahem(solid axle) so I'll se how financial and truck are looking as we get closer to a date

MUD RANGER----Nice ride, hope to see you there

Cody

I'll be there, from Arizona

Hey guys, I think I can make it in July 28. I'll talk to some more AZ boyz to come with. If you are from AZ, lets plan a road trip up to CA together. Email me hector.cervantes@phoenix.gov
Can somebody give me detail directions on how to get there? A map would be nice. Are we going to meet somewhere at a certain time? Give me mas informacion!!!!!!
ExplrLift1.jpg
ExplrLift2.jpg

ExplrLft3.jpg

I guess an earlier post I made got lost so here it goes:

Los Coyates is located just outside of Warner Springs CA. If you put that into mapquest it will give you directions to there. From the town take Camino San Ignacho (It is about 200 yards south of the gas station across the street from some tennis courts) or something like that about 10 miles till you come to the entrence to the reservation. Pay your fees there and continue in on the main road 2-3 miles. This will put you into the campground area. Just to the right of the main road in the campground is a large rock water tank. We can make this are metting point sence it is easy to find. I say we meet there at 9:00 Saturday morning and go from there. Depending on who and how many show up will determine what trails we run. We can use channel 1 on the cb since that seems to me the one used on the other explorer runs I have been on.

Any other questions post away

Matt

Got it, Matt. I'll be there barring any inconviniences. I'll see you Saturday at 9:00 am chnnl 1.:D

For all you guys still on the border I have another incentive for you. I talked to the editor of San Diego Offroad Magazine today and she said send a write up and some pics and she may be able to squeeze in a few pages in the magazine sometime. I know it is not a national magazine but any print is good print. She also said she should be able to use pictures from ditital cameeras as well. So make sure everyone to bring your camaras and keep them clicking all day long.

Matt

I believe I can make this one. Finally, I haven't been out since Truck Haven, and I'm READY! Plus anice little run before Rubicon would be nice. Just to make sure, it's the 28th & 29th?

Sorry Guy's, but Tom & I are not going to be able to make this run at this time. I did call the reservation today and made sure that they were still open to 4x4ing and yes they are until Oct. Also the day fee has gone up from $10.00 to $15.00 so be prepared for that increase.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi guys, i cant go either. my truck still isnt legal enough... paul, i think the use fee was $12.00 but i could be wrong...oh well that is trivial anyway...hope to see some of you guys or gals on the trails soon....especially tom with his d44 :)

Back