• Register Today It's free!

Wheel spacers?

Navyman

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport trac
I have a 2003 ST that I just put 265/65/17's on and they look great. I was wondering if I put wheel spacers on them if it would hurt any of the suspension parts. Is there a negative to putting these on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no ill effect in the rear, but the front will put very little added stress (the wider the spacer, the more extra stress) on the parts. I don't think it's enough to worry about it, so go for it.

And, on the Sport Trac the rears need to be 1/2" at least wider than the front. I'm not going to put them on the front but I am the rear. I have 4 of the 1.5' and 2 of the 2.0" spacers, just don't know which I'm going to use yet. I'll probably just use 2 of the 1.5" ones. I have to change an axle shaft before installing them, bent a little bit.

Wheel spacers

Why do the back spacers have to be at least 1/2" wider than the front?

If you look at your Trac you'll see it looks like the rear wheels sit in under the fenders farther than the front. The 1/2" difference just partially compensates for that.

I need a pair of 1/2" spacers. Anyone know where I can find some besides ebay? dosent matter used or new

Back