are these just bulb replacements for hi/lo hid? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

are these just bulb replacements for hi/lo hid?

looks like thy should just pop into the factory location,

cool, thank you very much

http://www.xenonhidworlds.com/lights/catalog/Bi-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-Hi-Lo-p-16134.html

i'v thought about putting hids on my wifes explorer.

these show to be 9007 hi/lo and i'm wondering if you just take your bulb out and put these in place and get the ballasts hooked up and your ready to go. are these simple plug and play? or would i need alot of other stuff and modding like p51 did for his?

You are correct, these are plug in play for your headlight housings but they will not produce the correct light pattern and will blind on coming drivers. If I am correct, p51 did a headlight retrofit to projectors, this is the only way to get the correct light pattern using HID bulbs without fully re-constructing the stock explorer housing. I only know this because I went down the same road and decided to do my own conversion also. Good luck!

If it helps: Here is a link to my retrofit

thanks guys, those look great. since i don't have enough time or funds to do it, ill have to hold off. oh well, time to look for something cheaper and less time consuming.

Back