• Register Today It's free!

4 inch lift and 33x12.50

1993fordexploere

Reaction score
City, State
northern california (Eureka)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer xlt 4x4
ok ok lets clear this up. i get people on this website and others, asking me " can you fit 33x12.50 with a 4 inch lift?" and it is constant....so what im tryin to say is people with ONLY a 4 inch lift with 33x12.50 show your pictures to prove to these people who need a thread to prove it to them. thanks.and this wilol give me a link to show them so they can look.

i would post mine but i dont have my camera right now;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

n64691000126808372366bo9.jpg

n64691000120346883429wn4.jpg

n64691000126523682178nr1.jpg

n64691000126523695317qb3.jpg

n64691000126523905861lv8.jpg

4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5R15 Superswamper TrXus MTs
Rubbed Slightly on Radius Arm at full Lock & Slightly on inner fender when turning. (Didn't have to trim anything and it offroaded fine)

hey rob.. looks like you went with the 4" lift springs from roughcountry also, how are they holding up? sag any? i just bought the front portion of the lift from them and AAL, shackled my back and its startin to sag bad, just wondering how you like the 4" leaf springs.

hey rob.. looks like you went with the 4" lift springs from roughcountry also, how are they holding up? sag any? i just bought the front portion of the lift from them and AAL, shackled my back and its startin to sag bad, just wondering how you like the 4" leaf springs.

No noticeable sag, flexs good. They're real sturdy and thick. I'd recommend them, might be going back to stock leafs with SOA if you wanna get those and the shocks I'll sell them to ya if my friend doesn't buy them :D

i have the shocks, deffinetly interested in the springs, have a price?

PMed you to keep this thread on topic. Another tip for people who want to fit the 12.5 wide tires is to use 15x8 rims. This keeps it from rubbing on the radius arms so much and will also keep it from sticking out extremely far from the fenders. If you have fender flares, and extended radius arms (not drop brackets) you''ll be able to get away from 15x10 rims but may have to trim the corner of the fender.

Not all explorers and lifts will be the same, some may tuck those tires no problem, other's may run into problems trying to fit them

totally agree, each truck is different. when i was no lift and 31s they fit fine, only rubbed on the inner fender at full lock and would barely touch the top of the inner fender when flexing.

anyone else????

...I think they are still waiting for you to post pics of your truck..:dunno:

Not 33 but a SS 32 with a 4" lift..........
IMG_0049.jpg

bump

I can't believe there's no one else with this set up willing to so your stuff, I'm in the process of deciding what I want to do with my 93 EB def want to run 33s. Trying to get away 4" superlift superrunner.

here's how mine looked when it was "stock" with just a 4" lift and 33's mounted on NON-offset rims.

I'd like to add that the front tires rubbed at the back of the wheel wells and some fender trimming was done to remedy this problem. (and for this, i'd recommend 32" tires max if you dont want to get out a sawzall and you want to do serious wheelin' without wheel rub)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_JBygDP4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZ9JJ0zyaQ

This lift was a drop-bracket lift in the front (radius arms and axle pivot joints) and the rear was lift springs (no blocks)
I don't know the manufacturer of the lift kit, but the drop brackets were grey if that means anything to anybody. and i will add that it was a crappy lift kit. when i removed it i noticed some of the drop brackets had cracked, and one of them actually hit the front diff on full compression *hard enough to knock a small hole in it!*

I rubed with 33x12.50 and 5.5 of lift!

Mine was basically un-driveable with 33's and 4" lift. Couldn't back up and turn even a hair without the tires trying to rip the fenders off.

I had a buddy at a bodyshop cut a chunk out of the fender and reweld the lip back on. Looks like stock and the splash shields can be kept which was a big deal with all the mud around here.

I only had to hammer the seam on the firewall so it wouldn't rub at full lock. It never rubbed on the fenders and I did plenty of trails with it like it was in that pic above.

Froder that's actually exactly the look I'm going for, the pic of the sploder you posted. What was the size and off set of the wheels? Back spacing too?

Thanks! I still think there is more out there to be seen come on guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back