What's your status? | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

ok, so an update: IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!

and, it seems this site doesn't allow pics from flickr... I'll work on the pics....

Congrats! I've been following this thread and your posts b/c I think we ordered around the same time (late May) and both live on the east coast. I had a feeling that maybe yours and maybe another poster's or so were on the same train as mine. Ford advised me last week that mine was in transit and was in NY also over the weekend. As of yesterday a.m. mine was on a ramp in Buffalo so looks like yours was unloaded. My ETA is July 10th (Sun) so hoping tomorrow or Sat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! I've been following this thread and your posts b/c I think we ordered around the same time (late May) and both live on the east coast. I had a feeling that maybe yours and maybe another poster's or so were on the same train as mine. Ford advised me last week that mine was in transit and was in NY also over the weekend. As of yesterday a.m. mine was on a ramp in Buffalo so looks like yours was unloaded. My ETA is July 10th (Sun) so hoping tomorrow or Sat.

muddlermike: Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I saw your pics on Flicker - she's beautiful!

trs0722: I also ordered mine around the same time as muddlermike...and also heard yesterday that it was in Buffalo...so it sounds like you and I are on the same load! My dealer didn't have an updated ETA, though he sounded hopeful for Friday. I'm in South Jersey, so not far from you at all...so once mine shows up, yours is probably not far behind! I'll post again as soon as I hear anything!

PorterX: yes, you were one of the others I was watching for comparison sake for what it's worth. Have email into my sales rep too but no reply yet. He actually thought it would be there last week. I would assume at some point they leave the train and hop on trucks to go to dealers but who knows. Personally, I've been patient and time has flown by but the last leg seems to really get people ancy. Hey NY is only a few hour drive from NJ and DE right? Why has it been days?! Yes, keep me informed and I'll do the same. Thanks.

PorterX, that’s great news! Keep us updated!

trs0722, I would start to get a little antsy as well now that it’s this close! If it helps, feel free to PM me for another update if it’ll help to hold you over! :)

Cory

Just talked to my dealer - no car yet...he's trying to get a "current location" for me, but he's not sure if he can....

I was really hoping to pick up this weekend...but it has to be on the lot withing the next few hours for that to happen...(otherwise they can't inspect it until next week).

Pacing...pacing...dreaming of my new X...it's worth the wait, it's worth the wait, it's worth the wait...(maybe if I click my heels together 3 times...dang it! I knew I should have worn my ruby slippers!)

Of course, you all know how "patient" I was while waiting for mine :) I found out that the shipping company was waiting on a couple other trucks that were scheduled for my dealer the following week, and wanted to consolidate the shipments. It sucked being the one who had his waiting on the lot but there wasn't anything the dealer could do about it. In fact, the receptionist of my dealer had an F150 scheduled for the same delivery date as mine and was in the same boat. I can understand with gas prices as high as they are that the shipping company would want to consolidate truck shipments. Granted, it's easy for me to say that now, since I finally have mine :D Hang in there guys, it is well worth the wait.

I want to make a special shout out to Cory and Natasha for all the help and encouragement. It's a crazy thing, being so anxious over something like this when there are plenty of serious problems in the world today. Even considering my whining over an extra week when others had to wait 3-4 months. Still, I was incredibly impressed at how hard they worked to get me even the smallest of updates - never once making me feel small over my silly requests. I drove all my friends and family nuts during the last 6 weeks, but, even if they weren't impressed with the brochure, they were very impressed with the access I had to customer service between my dealer and Cory and Natasha. That alone spoke volumes and I'm incredibly greatful.:notworthy

There. I'm going to go play with my new toy, now :party:

Progress

I got a call today from my dealer with my order status. According to the dealer my build date for a 2012MY Explorer will be on or around 7/19 and then stated that the ETA to the dealership would be sometime between 8/1 and 8/10. I am glad for the news but will keep my excitement in check until I know its close. Hoping there are no delays or shipment problems. The build date is a good indication that 2012MY builds will start the week of 7/18.

Border_Explorer, I wish you luck on getting your 2012 so quick. You will probably have your 2012 before I have my 2011 which I ordered at the end of March. Cross your fingers it isn't built in Chicago. In the morning, I am going to go and check out different vehicles and they won't be a ford. If I don't have mine in a couple of weeks, I'm telling my husband we are going elsewhere. This is getting ridiculous.

Of course, you all know how "patient" I was while waiting for mine :) I found out that the shipping company was waiting on a couple other trucks that were scheduled for my dealer the following week, and wanted to consolidate the shipments. It sucked being the one who had his waiting on the lot but there wasn't anything the dealer could do about it. In fact, the receptionist of my dealer had an F150 scheduled for the same delivery date as mine and was in the same boat. I can understand with gas prices as high as they are that the shipping company would want to consolidate truck shipments. Granted, it's easy for me to say that now, since I finally have mine :D Hang in there guys, it is well worth the wait.

I want to make a special shout out to Cory and Natasha for all the help and encouragement. It's a crazy thing, being so anxious over something like this when there are plenty of serious problems in the world today. Even considering my whining over an extra week when others had to wait 3-4 months. Still, I was incredibly impressed at how hard they worked to get me even the smallest of updates - never once making me feel small over my silly requests. I drove all my friends and family nuts during the last 6 weeks, but, even if they weren't impressed with the brochure, they were very impressed with the access I had to customer service between my dealer and Cory and Natasha. That alone spoke volumes and I'm incredibly greatful.:notworthy

There. I'm going to go play with my new toy, now :party:
I’m really glad you finally have your Explorer muddlermike! None of your updates are ever small because getting a new car is a big deal! I really appreciate all your great feedback and we’re here to make sure you’re happy with your purchase! :)

peanut0426, in case you didn’t see yet, I sent you a reply to your last PM. Please check your inbox for my message.

Cory

Still waiting "patiently" here in NJ. No location update since learning it was in Buffalo last Wednesday...I asked the dealer for an update on Friday morning...and then again this morning...but getting the dreaded radio silence.

Kind of ironic if you think about it...I can order a 3 dollar pack of Altoids from Amazon and know pretty much the hour that it leaves the warehouse...and I know where it is along the route pretty much every second of the way....and I know the minute that it is expected, and ultimately gets dropped off, on my door step. I order a 40 thousand dollar vehicle....and I get the general idea that sometime last week it was in Buffalo...but not sure where it is now or when we'll know anything else, but think it might come this week...but maybe not.

In a world where information is power, I get more bang for my buck with the Altoids!

Ugh. Trying not to complain too much or get too discouraged...especially when I read posts of those that have been waiting MUCH longer with much less information. All any of us want is our new cars - we work hard to earn them, we get excited and ramped up and then we wait.

:::sigh:::

No more posts from me until I have happy news.

For all of you out there still waiting...I'm crossing my fingers for you that things progress quickly and smoothly!

I was hoping it would be at my dealer Friday or Saturday but now I'm expecting it to be there today or tomorrow. Personally, the weekend would have been more convenient but oh well. My trade in also needs brakes and an oil change. But again, oh well! That will be the dealer's problem, even my salesman said so.

Maybe this helps those of you waiting: Per my last conversation with customer service on Friday, when the vehicles hop on transport trucks for their final leg, there is nothing entered into the system (i.e. "in transit to dealer"). Customer service told me there was a trucking company listed but no timeframe, other than the ETA, which we all know can go either way. One would think that customers paying over $800 for "destination and delivery" would be afforded a little bit more information as to the vehicle's real time location....let alone a reasonable delivery time. Not complaining...just my 2 cents.

Thank you very much Cory,

I think I am getting my new ride soon. Maybe dealer will call me tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

Just joined this forum...after much research, my wife and I decided to pull the trigger on a fully loaded 2012 limited.

We placed our order on 06-25-11 and are yet to get any updates regarding VIN, production dates, etc from the dealer. Instead, we got an email from them today stating that our order has been delayed due to the combination of options we ordered...I don't know what this is supposed to mean....but I'm not liking these news at all! :mad:

<<<<Cory>>>>
I sent you a PM to see if you could check on the status of our order. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Mazda3sguy

2012 Status

My window sticker showed up today. So far here is my status for a 2012 Explorer.

Ordered: 6/8
VIN: 6/24
Window Sticker: 7/12
Build: 7/19
ETA: 8/1 - 8/10 (via dealer's mouth, but we will see...)

Talk about disheartening! 2012s will be delivered before I get my 2011, which was ordered in April. Losing excitement by the minute.....

My window sticker showed up today. So far here is my status for a 2012 Explorer.

That's moving along fairly nicely. Good luck!

Resisting the temptation to smack my head. I considered ordering a 2012 but had waited long enough and wanted to have the 2011 for most of my summer break (I'm a teacher) instead of a 2012 for only a week or two. Plus, my salesman said the 2012 would be a little more $ and the new options weren't worth anything to me. Of course, if mine takes too much longer, I could just not take delivery of mine and explore the 2012 options. Maybe incentives will be better in Aug/Sep.

Hi everyone!

Just joined this forum...after much research, my wife and I decided to pull the trigger on a fully loaded 2012 limited.

We placed our order on 06-25-11 and are yet to get any updates regarding VIN, production dates, etc from the dealer. Instead, we got an email from them today stating that our order has been delayed due to the combination of options we ordered...I don't know what this is supposed to mean....but I'm not liking these news at all! :mad:

<<<<Cory>>>>
I sent you a PM to see if you could check on the status of our order. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Mazda3sguy

Just an FYI: Cory has been very helpful but I'd also suggest calling the CS # (listed at the bottom of Cory's emails) a few times for updates (once you have a VIN #). I've rarely had to wait longer than a few minutes (once pressing through the automated options) and most representatives have given me some good updated details, when it was possible.

WOO HOO! :thumbsup: That's awesome. I am a little jealous though. I ordered my 2012 on 6/24. Keeping my fingers crossed that mine will move as quickly as yours seems to be...

Status Update:

Ordered: 5/21 (2011 XLT, white plat tricoat, black interior, 202A with moonroof)
VIN: 6/8
Window Sticker: 6/14
Build Date on Sticker: 6/16
Recognized in SyncMyRide: 6/18
Delivered: 7/12

That's right! In a whirlwind of activity yesterday afternoon, I go word that my X had just been dropped off at the dealers...my sales guy rushed it through the inspection and we picked it up just hours later! That's just over 7 weeks from the order date - not bad!

Thank you, Cory, for all the updates along the way!

trs0722 - any news on yours?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status Update:

Ordered: 5/21 (2011 XLT, white plat tricoat, black interior, 202A with moonroof)
VIN: 6/8
Window Sticker: 6/14
Build Date on Sticker: 6/16
Recognized in SyncMyRide: 6/18
Delivered: 7/12

That's right! In a whirlwind of activity yesterday afternoon, I go word that my X had just been dropped off at the dealers...my sales guy rushed it through the inspection and we picked it up just hours later! That's just over 7 weeks from the order date - not bad!

Thank you, Cory, for all the updates along the way!

trs0722 - any news on yours?!?

Congrats! No, same old status for now...waiting for my salesman to call to say it's been delivered. Any day now, which I've been saying since last Friday. Thanks for checking up.

Question: What happens once the dealer gets it? I'm not sure if they have to take time to clean and prep it and what happens with tags and inspection. For my situation, I live in DE but bought it a few miles over the line in PA. So, not sure if they have to actually drive it to DMV in DE or PA. In PA, they can get it inspected at several local garages but to get the tag, I think that requires going to a DMV site which is about 40 minutes away from them. The DE DMV is about 25 minutes from them. Guess I'm trying to get a feel for time frame to expect.

Back