V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
Just wanted to take the time to let everybody know that we've unveiled our first self-install update on SYNCMyRide.com for SYNC with MyFord and MyLincoln Touch! :D

Version 2.11, previously available only as a dealer-install update, can now be downloaded from the Web to a USB flash drive and installed in your vehicle. Click here to check it out:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UserManagement/GuestLogin.aspx

Be sure to read about it on the Owner to Owner forum post here:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=4337

If you have any questions about the download, installation, upload process, or anything in particular, feel free to ask.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your Explorer!

:burnout:

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great, thanks for the information. I'm still on v2.4 and have issues but going to the dealer is a hassle.

I always assumed there was some reason that it wasn't feasible for owners to do these upgrades. Why is it now available this way? It seems like it would have saved Ford a lot of money to make this available on syncmyride before now.

Rebecca,

Where can I read what fixes are in 2.11 going from 2.8?

Rebecca,

Why not make the next version avaliable to us forum members while it is in beta? After all that is what we have been doing here for months. May avoid some more negative feedback in the long run....

What do you think?

Rebecca, do I really have to leave the vehicle in park during the update as stated in the post you linked to or can it be done while driving?

yeah, that's the silly part of the entire update... that the engine has to be running the entire time.

and its a hot day in florida. eh... must be bored cause i am downloading it... guinnea pig

i imagine you dont want to drive it because the car will be trying to use MFT for normal operation.

Rebecca, do I really have to leave the vehicle in park during the update as stated in the post you linked to or can it be done while driving?

here goes... started 2:24pm...

a0dcdd61.jpg

Just started to download as well same time roughly, mine has been sitting on 6 out of 9 for about 10 minutes now. I can tell that it is loading from the usb stick. We will see very shortly if this thing is any better with 2.11. I was running 2.8 and really had little issues.

Great, thanks for the information. I'm still on v2.4 and have issues but going to the dealer is a hassle.

I always assumed there was some reason that it wasn't feasible for owners to do these upgrades. Why is it now available this way? It seems like it would have saved Ford a lot of money to make this available on syncmyride before now.

I don't know all the details, but they've been working on getting it available via SYNCMyRide.com for a while, and now it is. :party:

Rebecca,

Where can I read what fixes are in 2.11 going from 2.8?

Go here:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...uestLogin.aspx

And do the following:

Enter your VIN > Click Next > Select your country > Click on Update My SYNC Now > Click on "How will this update enhance or improve my SYNC?"

Rebecca,

Why not make the next version avaliable to us forum members while it is in beta? After all that is what we have been doing here for months. May avoid some more negative feedback in the long run....

What do you think?

I will take your idea to my superiors :)

Yes, you really have to leave it in park.

yeah, that's the silly part of the entire update... that the engine has to be running the entire time.

and its a hot day in florida. eh... must be bored cause i am downloading it... guinnea pig

i imagine you dont want to drive it because the car will be trying to use MFT for normal operation.

Hopefully you have a shady spot that you can sit in?

Rebecca

Dearborn we have a problem. Stuck at 6 of 9 and USB STICK HAS STOPPED FLASHING. I will wait a bit and see if it starts again . Otherwise I will pull the stick and start over.

90 degrees today... opened the hood to let more hot air escape while the update running. i'm inside with the AC checking every 5-10 minutes. :)

deleted my phone from MFT before starting the update since you have to delete it anyways.

ad07378e.jpg

Hopefully you have a shady spot that you can sit in?
Rebecca

i notice 6 of 9 is a big one... probably normal... probably running tasks and not accessing the usb for some time. i wouldnt pull the stick for a while.

Dearborn we have a problem. Stuck at 6 of 9 and USB STICK HAS STOPPED FLASHING. I will wait a bit and see if it starts again . Otherwise I will pull the stick and start over.

update.. @ the 2:45pm point it's still 6 of 9 but my drive is flashing and status line looks to be around 80-90% point. yeah i imagine the usb will flash on and off when the system needs it.

update.. @ the 2:53pm time... says installing service pack and will take 20 minutes?! hmm... just realized this is a Microsoft update... not out of the woods yet.

i notice 6 of 9 is a big one... probably normal... probably running tasks and not accessing the usb for some time. i wouldnt pull the stick for a while.

Rebecca,

What do you think?

Second this! Best way to find issues is let real customers play with it.

@3:02 the screen goes black
@3:03 reboots and it's done at 3:04.
Turned my radio on during reboot... 40 minutes.

version right?

57468226.jpg

UPDATE. 3.08 PM . All Complete . MFT is up and running , and Sync my ride said installation sucsessful. Fingers crossed this is works better than 2.8

hey Rebecca, I was first Guinnea pig!

Do I get a free Ford cap or t-shirt or something?! ::p:

UPDATE. 3.08 PM . All Complete . MFT is up and running , and Sync my ride said installation sucsessful. Fingers crossed this is works better than 2.8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting.....I just had the dealer install 2.11 after my oil change TODAY.

Watching the install, it was hung up on 'installing file 3 of 2' (not a typo) for a while.

The my phones were cleared, but my radio presets were still there. Seems to work.

btw I went from 2.4 to 2.11

Back