Painted my headlights today..pics inside | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Painted my headlights today..pics inside

ninobrn99

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
So I decided to paint my headlights today. We'll see how they hold up over time. I followed this guide and this one.

It's been detailed enough that I don't think I need to walk through my process. I will say that I did 4 coats of Krylon Gloss black and 2 of Krylon clear UV protectant. I used Clear RTV silicone gasket maker.

Enjoy:

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did mine not too long ago, do your corners?

they turned out nice, good job

Remembered reading that when someone tried they're corners, they melted lol. Mine were $26 a pair for the black with clear lens

Remembered reading that when someone tried they're corners, they melted lol. Mine were $26 a pair for the black with clear lens

If I were to do it, I would use a heat gun. I think I'm going to order a pair eventually.

When I did my corners I didn't heat them at all... The lens sits in kind of a groove thing so as long as you can get a screwdriver into the groove and pop it, it'll go just fine....

CIMG1150.jpg

Very nice. This is one of the easiest mods to do and in my opinion, one of the best. I really dislike the stock lights...especially on a black X.

looks great

My girlfriend saw the "range rover lights" thread....I may end up tinting the clear to get the look.

Back