Samsung Galaxy 2 I777 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Samsung Galaxy 2 I777

Tavin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Limite 2016
I have Samsung G II, and also to connect automatically when entering the vehicle, does not contact pictures, and play music with the phone can not change the songs or the screen or the controls on the steering wheel, with my old Nokia X6 performing these functions, my question is normal that works well with the Galaxy IBS?, someone with experience I could answer that phone?, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Works fine with my Sprint SII. When it got upgraded to ICS (which I think will be available for you this week) it started working even better.

Just root that puppy and put whatever you want on it. Been running ICS for months.

Contact pictures do not come across, but everything else works fine.

Also adding, according to the compatibility chart, there isn't a single phone that works with photo ID's.

Also adding, according to the compatibility chart, there isn't a single phone that works with photo ID's.

In my THREAD, so far 4 phones do that. I only wish more people took the time to contribute to the thread, it would be much more useful :)

Have you looked at the Compatibility Chart recently, harlenm? There are 40 phones that will show Photo IDs. Here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/sync/usEN/sync_us_EN_iop_2_00.pdf

I have Samsung G II, and also to connect automatically when entering the vehicle, does not contact pictures, and play music with the phone can not change the songs or the screen or the controls on the steering wheel, with my old Nokia X6 performing these functions, my question is normal that works well with the Galaxy IBS?, someone with experience I could answer that phone?, thanks

Hi, Tavin!

Were you able to get your phone working properly? If not, reboot your phone and perform a Master Reset on MyFord Touch. Here are the instructions:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, follow the steps recommended and the phone working fine, I'm happy, greetings to all

Rebecca has the Droid Razr always had photoID? I am assuming this means it shows your contacts photo from your phone? I know mine does not do this, I just got the ICS update about a month ago, would I have to delete my phone and re add it to get this to work or should this just automatically work? Also is it common for it to not read text messages most of the time. Mine announces them about 4 (random) days a month, lol. Thanks!

I have the S2 and recently got the ICS update...and it will not stop disconnecting /connecting itself from myfordtouch...i have unpaired the S2. And repaired it to sync..i have restarted my phone...and it keeps doing same thing...... It even does the same thing in my wifes focus..... so ill try the master reset ...hopefully that will work.

Well...i did master reset and my S2 with ICS is still disconnecting on its own

Thanks Rebecca, follow the steps recommended and the phone working fine, I'm happy, greetings to all

Glad to hear it! :)

Rebecca has the Droid Razr always had photoID? I am assuming this means it shows your contacts photo from your phone? I know mine does not do this, I just got the ICS update about a month ago, would I have to delete my phone and re add it to get this to work or should this just automatically work? Also is it common for it to not read text messages most of the time. Mine announces them about 4 (random) days a month, lol. Thanks!

You can try to Reverse Pair your phone (see below) to see if that helps. Since the Razr was only tested with GB, I cannot be sure if ICS has changed any of the compatibilities.

Well...i did master reset and my S2 with ICS is still disconnecting on its own

I'd like you to try Reverse Pairing as well. Here are the instructions:

• Go into your Bluetooth Settings on your phone and make sure Discoverable mode is set to always or ON.
  • Touch ADD A PHONE.
  • Touch FIND OTHER DEVICES.
  • When your phone shows up on the MFT screen, select it.
  • Type in the Pass-key of 0000 and touch ENTER.
  • Your phone will now ask you to enter in a Pass-key, type in 0000 and the equivalent of OK.
  • Both devices should now connect to each other.

Keep me posted!

Rebecca

Back