New Navajo Truggy build | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Navajo Truggy build

Thanks guys. Just dropped in the engine last night. Getting close. Trying to haul ass for the desert season.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:yelexp: hi wery nice done look forward to see moore of your build up,s

wery good job!!!:JP:

I noticed the core support is the only thing stock left on the front haha.

I noticed the core support is the only thing stock left on the front haha.

Your right. Eventually that will go also. I have fiberglass fenders and hood that I still need to hang from the engine cage

Your right. Eventually that will go also. I have fiberglass fenders and hood that I still need to hang from the engine cage

Where do you guys keep getting these fiberglass fenders? My left front one is kinda destroyed so maybe ill get some fiberglass ones!!

Where do you guys keep getting these fiberglass fenders? My left front one is kinda destroyed so maybe ill get some fiberglass ones!!

nevermind I found an awsome website. I want fenders for my explorer and a full raptor 1 peice for my ranger. that would be so cool!! kinda a big price tag though (almost 1000 bucks) it would be awesome though.

Fiberglass fenders

Here a few teaser shots of the fenders. Still need to finish the Dzus fasteners.
Unfortunately the front of the cage had to be cut out. I'll need to redo them.

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

This is deffinatly cool! Awesome work!!

Almost there!

Last minute cycling of the suspension. Got the sway bar adjusted and the limit straps in.
IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

Modified the stock cross member (since I boxed in the frame it no longer fits). Used Delron bushings
IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

Tied in the front of the cage. Eventually I will run tubing around the fenders and tie it in to the front bumper
IMG_2298.jpg

Sway bar at ride height
IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

Taking it down tomorrow to get the AC charged. Smog check later this week. Looks like I will be able to make the Truck Haven run the end of October. See you guys there.

WOW Hey brother idk if you remember me but when you posted your 8.8 for sale I came and picked it up in my prerunner cheapspeed lol. Black jeep xj?
I remember you just starting it, crazy to see how far its come! I'm in a stock Expo now, going to make it a simple desert runner.

looks soo nice but were to buy those front fenders in fiberglass anyone help tell me ???

keep up this nice work me like it alot..

WOW Hey brother idk if you remember me but when you posted your 8.8 for sale I came and picked it up in my prerunner cheapspeed lol. Black jeep xj?
I remember you just starting it, crazy to see how far its come! I'm in a stock Expo now, going to make it a simple desert runner.

Hey man. Yes I do yemember you. Glad you saw the light and went with a ford lol.
A lot has changed since you saw the Navajo. I think I'm on my 3rd front suspension design.

" looks soo nice but were to buy those front fenders in fiberglass anyone help tell me?"

I think these are make by fiber works. (Not sure though). Hanamans and Perry's Fab and Fiber all make glass.

Update

Well its been a while since my last post. I've been busy on the Navajo.

Past Smog :biggthump After this pic it was down to the muffler shop. He ran dual 2 1/2" with single chambered Flowmasters. NO CATS. Its very loud
IMG_2310.jpg

Finished the tool box and cooler. I filled the double walls of the cooler with spray foam. It will hold a case of beer easy
IMG_2320.jpg

Mounted my High Lift jack and CB mount as well as designed a new tire ratchet strap mounts
IMG_2322.jpg

These are the old shocks that I used to use on the front as coil overs. They are good shocks but only 14". I installed limit straps as well as new mounts for the shocks
IMG_2379.jpg

After one trip out with the new rear shock set up I decided to go air bumps. I found some Fox 4" air bumps on craigslist. I had to notch the frame and box it in. Welded nuts to the inside of the frame. Notice the landing pad that bolts to the spring plate?
IMG_2385.jpg

Welded some tabs on the bump cans and drilled holes to made them removable
IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

I've said this before. These bump stops are worth their weight in gold. They ride so nice. Paid $200
IMG_2389.jpg

Took a lot of video of the last desert trip. Lots of jumping. I'm trying to put it together and post on Youtube.

Very, very cool.

Sent from my modded Galaxy.

very nice!

Nice clean work as usual sir!

Update on the truggy

Hey guys. I've been busy working on the Navajo. Just havnt had time to post anything. Check out the progress.

CA City jump video

th_IMG_2520_zps89259d87.jpg

Installed suspension seats in the front and back. In order to fit the rear seats properly I cut out the floor board. Since I was going through the hassle of that I thought I might as well turn it into a under seat storage compartment. Then I needed a way to make the seats tilt forward so I could get to it. Here is how I did it

IMG_2527_zpsdaa288c8.jpg

IMG_2531_zpsb7a9c177.jpg

IMG_2532_zps50c63987.jpg

IMG_2538_zps9d6eb189.jpg

IMG_2539_zps60230c67.jpg

IMG_2545_zpsd4cec986.jpg

IMG_2548_zpscff29fad.jpg

This picture was taken last weekend at Calico Ghost town. I grenaded my 31 spline 9" here. The carrier bearings slipped out destroying the 3rd member. I could not believe a stock V6 did that. I guess thats what 37" tires and a heavy right foot will do.
IMG_2557_zpsf8290db5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No offense to anyone else's rig, but this is the coolest rig on this site. Absolutely awesome!

Back