• Register Today It's free!

Shackle/TT twist help

Rcman098

Reaction score
City, State
Port st. Lucie florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer 4x4
I'm new to lifted trucks, so after reasearch I bought warrior 153 shackles to lift my sagging explorer. I have not had time to put them in yet but I scaled them up to the stock and I noticed, the stock barley clear the tow package hitch. Anyone know if they'll fit??? I also was wondering if these shackles would give any positive lift or just level it. While the back end was torn apart I figured I would also add an add a leaf if they just leveld it. Do they 39.99 autozone leafs work? And finally what's the negative arch I hear about?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It really depends on how much the leafs are sagging. The shackles will give you 1.5-2inches of lift in the back. As far as putting in the shackles, not much tearing apart has to be done. all you need to do is support the axle and get the bolts on the shackles out. To get the new ones in jack the body up until there is enough space for the new shackles and then insert the bolts and tighten. Adding a leaf is a little bi more in depth.

I'm confident ill have no problem installing them, the issue is will they fit with the trailer hitch attachmentls

I'm confident ill have no problem installing them, the issue is will they fit with the trailer hitch attachmentls

There's only one way to find out really. You have to put them on.

If the stock shackles fit, the new ones should as well.

As for negative arch, it's when the arch of the leaf springs, instead of being a U shape, is an upside down U, hence, being negative.

If the Warrior shackles don't fit, I'm looking for a set. ;)

There's only one way to find out really. You have to put them on.

If the stock shackles fit, the new ones should as well.

As for negative arch, it's when the arch of the leaf springs, instead of being a U shape, is an upside down U, hence, being negative.

If the Warrior shackles don't fit, I'm looking for a set. ;)
Alright brother, if they don't fit there yours!

Back