BTF Lift Project | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF Lift Project

Thanks James... I think you are the only one that noticed lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed! I really like the fenders. Are you going to do a long travel setup like McNeil's builds?

Thanks for noticing Brain! I plan on keeping my BTF UCA's and Rancho's for the time being. The expo is my DD so I don't think the cost vs benefit of doing a one of LT set up is worth it at this time. I wish though!

I think you need to at least get your wheelbase a little wider to help fill up those fenders then.

Looks pretty good man, really need to get some wheels spacers if you don't plan on going LT route. What brand/size tire are you thinking of getting? And are you planning to paint the fenders to match?

All in all, pretty good considering it's probably the only other 3rd gen I have seen with McNeil fenders. Keep it up :)

I'm planning on running 33x12.50r17 grabber red letters & the reason it is not sitting on the grabbers this instant is that the wheels I want are not even out yet. I do plan on painting the fenders as soon as I get new wheels & tires & the bumper is powder coated.

I know it looks silly/like a sore thumb right now guys but trust me it is a work in progress. I am not sure I have indicated that it will stay as it currently sits & it is definitely not finished. Just updating my progress.

Some updated pics
photobucket-56233-1366221287533_zpsc5b07a98.jpg

photobucket-59025-1366221330543_zpse4c72f0e.jpg

photobucket-46575-1366221213179_zps734906fc.jpg

photobucket-56231-1366221121607_zpse406d5a6.jpg

photobucket-61624-1366221026988_zpsecafdc35.jpg

Attachments

• Like.png
    Like.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 597
  • Screen shot 2013-04-17 at 4.09.21 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-04-17 at 4.09.21 PM.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 610

Looking good. If I had a long travel setup I'd want fenders like that in a heartbeat.

I feel like ive seen these pics before dude lol. again its lookin good.

just a quick question, what offset are the wheels/tyre sizes, by the way, its a awesome looking truck! good job :)

The wheels are 17x8.5" Method Race Standard 301 with a 0 mm offset 4.25" backspace

Looks so great bud, I like it SO much! The wheels/tires sold me. This is exactly what I wanted my Ex to look like but was too hesitant to do it. Really makes me wish I kept building my Expo instead of buying a different truck. Keep it up man I can't wait to see where you go with it!

Is this bumper custom have hard was it to make ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks so great bud, I like it SO much! The wheels/tires sold me. This is exactly what I wanted my Ex to look like but was too hesitant to do it. Really makes me wish I kept building my Expo instead of buying a different truck. Keep it up man I can't wait to see where you go with it!

HB I know you kicked around the idea but your expo is more luxo than mine so I can understand your hesitation in cutting into it! I waited wayyy too long for the Method Race NV wheels I originally wanted and was tired of it looking the way it did so I changed my order to standards. They look way better in person. I love them. I read that you recently got a ram. I have one too! LOL I still LOVE Your Expo!

100_0093.jpg

100_0097.jpg

Back