Custom front grill | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom front grill

Hey guys and gals, Im currently in the process of changing my truck around (arent we all) and i was wondering if anyone has done a custom front end
i remember a guy swapped his headlights with a bmw X5

i took a pix of my bare front end and then some photo edits , if anyone has ideas please suggest and if you can photoshop feel free to do so :p

thanks
IMG_1797_zpseb12ce48.jpg

truckbillet_zps3476f25b.png

trucklandrovergrill_zps671975b8.png

Bonus pic :p
IMG_1806_zpsc7f247db.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tbh, I don't like either of those. Looks tacky adding a modern front end/copying one and putting it on a ford.

Why not just mod the stock grill and add projector head lamps?

But that's just my 2 cents.

yea i just dont like the look that everyone has, i want to be different, yes different isnt always better i get that but i just dont like the look,

ive seen that thread about the 50s delivery van conversion, wish they woulda kept going , something i do want to do is fill the sides in like such
001.jpg

here is the bmw

7309210002_large.jpg

If you have the tools, time and talent there are no limitations.

If you have the tools, time and talent there are no limitations.

time and tools are there , talent i like to believe so , ive done all my own body work and painted my truck myself, ive also worked with fiberglass in the past so its always an option to just go nuts but i just need some ideas and suggestions, it was my dads idea to just slap a range rover grill in there lol

hey so im prolly gonna go with these with a projector beam in there , also courtesy of land rover ;)
Land-Rover-2004-Discovery-6-5-2012-m.jpg

unfortunately it is snowing and too cold to do custom work outside and i am waiting for one of these trucks to roll though my junkyard because 800$ for a pair of these seems foolish when the truck they come on goes $600 in scrap metal,
also what i thought was cool was the fiber werks front end conversion
fwx_explorertof1_1piece_01.jpg

fwx_explorertof1_1piece_02.jpg

on a happier note the tail lights are in
IMG_19001_zpsb0464369.jpg

Any progress? I'm really interested!

some what
this idea too

water tight

more pix when i get a chance , recently moving in to a 70 by 40 foot warehouse so its been swallowing my time and cash but morre pix later

Let me know on what you decide to do! I have been trying to figure out how im going to change the front end. I already have a idea on doing the back end.

Back