Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

The standard V6 for that year. Pretty much a stock XLT, and pretty much trouble-free. Religiously maintained though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice,

250k is very realistic number. At my work, someone has a 98 with 5.0 with 260k miles. Original engine and tranny. I am thinking 250k on mine myself before engine or tranny rebuilt.

I caught that yesterday:

166k_zps218cc8a0.jpg

Adam -

where are you cranking this type of miles per year ?

I been driving to New Haven, CT for work 5-6 days a week since I got the truck.

Stephen - have you done any service to your tranny ?
Yes. Just before the warranty expired, I took it in for the hard downshift to first when stopping. The mechanic worked on it for a few days. I also had the fluid changed twice since then.

I traded it today (8/19) at 163,132 for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the5.7 V8, 4x4, and Technology Group (cross traffic and such), dark blue exterior, indigo and brown interior.

Are '06 has 86k on it.

Running strong

I have an 06 mountaineer v8 awd. Now at 205k with origional engine and tranny. Just replaced orig radiator less than 20 mi ago. Only 12 mpg in the city but I've seen 21 on highway at 70mph

Had a 06 Explorer XLT for 2 years with 52k traded a few months ago to a 10 XLT with 50k.

My mostly trouble-free '06 now has around 130,000 miles on it, but it's going to need a new radiator soon.

2006 Ford Explorer, 6 cylinder, 209,000 miles, averages 17 MPG.

2007 Explorer XLT V6
101,000 +/-
22 hwy / 14 city

Had to replace: radiator, t-stat, hoses, and front hub assemblies
Preventative: plugs/wires & belt

2006 XLT
V6 155,000
3rd Radiator and both front wheel hubs
Otherwise has been bulletproof

2009 Xlt V6 81,500 miles
Had to replace thermostat housing, overheats with A/C on and when i went out on the trails. Fan doesn't kick on anymore think i need a clutch assembly :mad::banghead::shifty_ey

My 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the V8, RWD, and the towing package now has 161,262 miles on it. How many miles on your 2006 - 10 Explorer or Mountaineer?

By the way, the overall fuel mileage, based on the EVIC total gallons used counter, is 17.3 vs the (revised) EPA ratings of 13/19.

I'm considering other vehicles, but thus far like the Explorer better than any of them.

If I keep it, I will have the transmission redone before it fails. It is already slightly harsh on 2 to 1 downshifts. The software fix can not correct the leaking valve body, but I've found two companies making kits to fix that once and for all:
http://www.sonnax.com/product-lines/transmission/parts/3846
http://www.superiortransmission.com/Product_Page.cfm?ID=211

The Durango RT is a good value, but the cargo area is no more useful to me than that of the smaller Grand Cherokee.
The 4Runner has a solid rear axle, hard spot in the seat which hurts when I sit in one, and just a 6.1" navigation screen (I've got a 7" Pioneer in my Explorer).
The cargo width of the Explorer works well for my needs, and it is wider than the cargo area of the new SUVs.

2007 V6 Eddie Bauer has 186,000 miles. just had wheel hubs redone and bearings repacked. no major issues. power lumbar has broke.

86k, 4.0. With 22s and 32" winter wheels/tires I am averaging about 16 mpg but lots of city driving.

I have replaced a check valve for AC, and something that was slightly leaking coolant (some plastic housing maybe it was a thermostat housing if I remember correctly).

Nothing major.

I did flush my tranny, differential, and radiator. That type of stuff does wonders for reliability. Great truck love this thing. But it's my 4th explorer, so.

Any Canadian with a V8 2008 build. Eddie Bauer or Limited. I was wondering how they are fairing in mileage etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back