• Register Today It's free!

4UCam backup camera installed

montermahan

Reaction score
City, State
greeley, ks.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ford sport trac
I just put a 4UCam system in my 08 ST. I liked the idea of using my cell for the monitor as the truk is really short of storage space for gadgets, and I didn't want the monitor installed permanently on the dash.
The license plate camera was easy to install, but it wouldn't look down far enough to see the ball on my hitch, so I had to fabricate a bracket to angle it down about 30 deg..
I didn't want it on all the time, so I used the backup light's for power, bad idea. I had to turn off and turn on the WiFi program on the phone after pulling forward or it would stop working, so I put it on the taillight wiring, now I have to turn on the headlights when I want to use the system. I'm O.K. with that.

It isn't really a real time picture, about a 1-2 second delay from movement to showing on display, no problem if you want to see what's behind you befor backing, but for what I wanted it for, hitching to trailers, you need to move slow. the picture is good and so far I am happy with it. Time will tell. MM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did the cam cost?

Camara Cost

What did the cam cost?

Sorry to be so long to reply, been gone playen. I purchased it on EBay for 115.00/free shipping.

It isn't working now and was iffey when it was working, Not going to recommend it. I havn't contacted them to see if they will fix problem. MM

The F150 tailgate handle surround with the built in camera is on my (never ending) to-do/want list. I also like the Ford emblem with the built-in camera, but not for the money they fetch. Hope you get your issues resolved, if not, this might be a plan B for ya.

2508595-large.jpg

You can get the handle with the hole for the camera for about 40 bucks on ebay. I have a chrome and black one sitting on the tool box for after I get the engine back together. Just get a CCD camera for 10 bucks off ebay and you are good to go.

Contacted Mfg., said there is only 30 day warranty from items purchased from EBay, but they gave me some things to try and fix. . I downloaded a different app for my phone and so far it is working, there was not a problem with the unit, just the app on my phone (so far). MM

I've installed four backup cameras on my Trac over the years, the sort that bolt on to your license plate, but none of them lasted longer than a year in the wet weather here.

I also looked at the camera system at the OP bought. I wasn't completely sold on the whole transmitting to my phone thing. I also looked at the F150 camera set up and I love everything about it is just way too expensive. I ended up going with the Sony double din cd/dvd w/ dedicated iPhone connector.

image.jpg2_zpsg03lxhzy.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsbvwccmcs.jpg

Back