2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

So based on all of this information, when do you guys think they will start building the Platinum's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone already in this thread got their VIN so it should be starting very soon.

I'm not sure if this works but someone had posted this recently on this thread: http://www.cotus.ford.com/

Try it and let us know

I tried that one and it doesn't show anything. Someone commented that it doesn't work 90% of the time and probably wouldn't show anything until the vehicle was built.

I tried that one and it doesn't show anything. Someone commented that it doesn't work 90% of the time and probably wouldn't show anything until the vehicle was built.

Interesting.

Try this: I just found it on a forum and put in a random VIN# I got from a new Explorer on the website of a local dealership and it actually pulled up the window sticker. I doubt you have a window sticker yet, but it's worth trying. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/ford-fiesta-st-sticker.php

Or try this as well: http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Neither of those bring anything up. Scheduled to go down the line week of 8-3, so may be too soon.

No, I got my answers via PM. But one you get a VIN, how long does it take? Six weeks? 12?

I'm not sure but Tremor2014 has his VIN and he said it is scheduled to go down the line (I'm assuming he means assembly line) on 8-3. So my guess is that the car usually gets built 204 weeks after you get your vin?

I don't know. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

The site's not working for me when I put in my VIN number

I think the site will pull up information when the window sticker is ready. I believe that is typically a week or so before they build the car.

I would ask the dealership at this point.

I looked up my old messages from 2012 when I ordered:

On April 26, 2012 I got message from Ford Rep. via these forums with VIN and note saying would be build mid May. I was able to find window sticker via website and see that build date via window sticker (available a few days before build) listing build date at May 15, 2012. On May 17, Ford rep via forums said it rolled off line.

Vehicle was at Dealer Memorial day weekend 2012 in No. VA. for pickup.

Craig,

Great news! I see that your order has been put through to be scheduled! The VIN is ______ and it should be rolling off the line around the middle of next month.

Cory

Cory - any info. in your tracker showing if my ride is being built today (May 15) as listed on window sticker?

Thanks again for help!
Craig

Craig,

Pop out the champagne! Your order rolled off the line! I won’t have an updated ETA to the dealer until it updates to “In Transit” so check in next week!

Cory

I have a VIN!!!! Just when I was losing hope...

As of today, I also have a VIN for my 2016 Platinum! I'll have to wait for the Window Sticker to become available so I can find out when it will be built.

So, I think we have two Platinum models at this forum with VINs assigned. I'm sure they'll be building them soon.

As of today, I also have a VIN for my 2016 Platinum! I'll have to wait for the Window Sticker to become available so I can find out when it will be built.

So, I think we have two Platinum models at this forum with VINs assigned. I'm sure they'll be building them soon.

Doesn't it go the other way around? I have a build date for my Expedition, but not a window sticker yet.

I think Tremor (the other one with a Platinum) has the Expedition Platinum, not the Explorer Platinum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vin

I too have a Platinum on order and got the VIN late last week.

Back