Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My contact is still one of the cheapest at $100 over cost and does not charge you to finance it at 0%. I would hope you would agree that $100 profit is fair.. search through here for Joel's info. 100% straight shooter.

I was answering him about the lights...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was quoted $5200+taxes for the premium care 8yr/200,000km.

Interested to see how you made out in the end?
My dealer in Ottawa is quoting
$5025 Premium Care 96mo/150,000km
$3860 Extra Care 96mo/150,000km

It seems its about $1000 per year of warranty extension for Premium ($5k for 5 extra years, and the person on the previous page paying $3915 for 4 extra years)
At these prices I'll probably pass....

Thanks
Simon

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum but excited to be a Ford owner!!

I wondered if anyone have advice on warranty. I purchased my used 2014 sport and got a 5 year, 60000 miles warranty with Fidelity warranty services's Gold plus option. I initially refused the warranty when they offered a 3 year one, but once i was with the finance guy he really did a good job lowered the price and extending it.

Now that i'm home and seeing the reviews of Fidelity warranty service company, i'm having seconds doubts.

Have any had the same questions as I have and any experience pros/cons about it.

Thanks! Really appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

These questions are like oil change threads, you'll never get a consensus. I personally would not buy an aftermarket extended warranty. They're only sold because they are very profitable for insurance companies. I would however buy a CPO vehicle with the manufacturers extra warranty. However I would not buy an extended warranty from the manufacturer. Reasonable people will disagree on this issue.

Hi everyone!

I wondered if anyone have advice on warranty. I purchased my used 2014 sport and got a 5 year, 60000 miles warranty with Fidelity warranty services's Gold plus option. I initially refused the warranty when they offered a 3 year one, but once i was with the finance guy he really did a good job lowered the price and extending it.

Now that i'm home and seeing the reviews of Fidelity warranty service company, i'm having seconds doubts.

Have any had the same questions as I have and any experience pros/cons about it.

I would buy the Ford-backed factory extended warranty (for the right price - most dealers inflate them terribly. You can get massive discounts by buying from another dealer, on line. Tons of discussion of this on line here in these forums.). If you need the steering system/rack replacement that has affected a number of 2014 vehicles, that repair alone may make the warranty worthwhile.

It's not clear to me that you can still buy a Ford-issued factory warranty after having bought used. You'd also have to cancel the 3rd party one you bought - might be too late for that.

I would not buy a warranty from a 3rd party warranty company - they are notorious for denying claims, and also it is highly possible that the warranty issuer will go out of business before the end of the warranty period.

Hi everyone!

I have merged your thread with the existing ESP discussions. Every possible question you may have should be answered in here.

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As mentioned, discussions on extended warranties tend to result if differing opinions. The final choice is always yours. There have been several mentions that if you were to get one, get the Ford ESP. From posts that I've read it seems so called 3rd party warranties aren't always the best for coverage and/or service. Ford ESPs for 'used' vehicles are generally more expensive than the ones on new vehicles. .

Peter

Interested to see how you made out in the end?
My dealer in Ottawa is quoting
$5025 Premium Care 96mo/150,000km
$3860 Extra Care 96mo/150,000km

It seems its about $1000 per year of warranty extension for Premium ($5k for 5 extra years, and the person on the previous page paying $3915 for 4 extra years)
At these prices I'll probably pass....

Thanks
Simon
Have you tried this dealer in Barrie? http://fordesp.ca/

Peter

Check Flood Ford... I got a great deal on an ESP for my 2014 F-150 Raptor and I'm thinking of doing the ESP on 2016 Explorer Sport too.

Check Flood Ford... I got a great deal on an ESP for my 2014 F-150 Raptor and I'm thinking of doing the ESP on 2016 Explorer Sport too.
Flood can't sell to Canadian owners.

Peter

Hi everyone!

You should have gotten a list of things in writing like electronics, suspension and other smaller details listed of what is covered and what is not. Not everything might be covered even in a Gold plus package. Also, did you ask Fidelity if you had to do repairs, can you use any Ford dealer or shop for repairs.

Best dealer to go through for those of us in FL? Or is it ok to just give them a friends address from out of state to buy one from one of the more regular online dealers that people go with?

Best dealer to go through for those of us in FL? Or is it ok to just give them a friends address from out of state to buy one from one of the more regular online dealers that people go with?

Joel will still save you money because you won't pay the sales tax on it in FL. The last person to buy one from him in FL saved about $600 over list price (on a Superduty)

I looked and searched but didn't see it mentioned that ESP plans are transferable to another owner and refundable to the Buyer.
I bought a $1400 ESP Warranty plan for my 2013 Fusion Hybrid but at 43k miles the car had to go and I sold it. A week later I remembered Flood Ford and gave them a call about refunding the remaining portion of the ESP Warranty, they said 'Sure'. I sent the paperwork they required to prove it was sold and within a week I had a check for about $950.

I looked and searched but didn't see it mentioned that ESP plans are transferable to another owner and refundable to the Buyer.
I bought a $1400 ESP Warranty plan for my 2013 Fusion Hybrid but at 43k miles the car had to go and I sold it. A week later I remembered Flood Ford and gave them a call about refunding the remaining portion of the ESP Warranty, they said 'Sure'. I sent the paperwork they required to prove it was sold and within a week I had a check for about $950.

It is in the ESP paperwork that you can transfer it or cancel it for a prorated refund. I believe it is a $50 transfer fee.

It is in the ESP paperwork that you can transfer it or cancel it for a prorated refund. I believe it is a $50 transfer fee.
$100 for a transfer here according to the contract.

Peter

I just bought a used 2013 EX a couple of weeks ago and went with the ESP and the plan guy told me that if I sell the car within the term I could transfer or get a prorated refund.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you all reminded me of the prorated refund. I have a 2011 fusion with 60k on it. I may get back ...what...$5? :shifty:

Back