Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My brother was able to get a 10yr/125k mile Ford ESP on a brand new Escape a few weeks ago. He asked the dealer if they would match Flood Ford or Ziegler. The dealer apparently came through. He said the dealer had to use some fleet certificate to do it though which allows them to go past the standard 8yr max. He got a great deal on it. He said the contract was a genuine Ford ESP...same contract form as mine apparently, but it says 120 months.

Hello all.

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario and just purchased a new 2017 Explorer Platinum from a local dealer. I'd like some advice on the extended warranty and protection the dealership has offered me.

The finance guy has suggested that I get Tricare Ultimate Coverage (84 months, $3,710 Canadian dollars - a Canadian dollar is worth about 75% of an American one), Tricare corrosion, Xzilon paint and interior protection along with the Tricare cosmetic rust warranty (M 3 way complete - 120 months - $2,299 Canadian dollars - includes 20 oil changes).

Since the vehicle has to come from Montreal (about 120 miles from Ottawa), I have a week or so to contemplate the extended warranty and protection package. In the remarks section of my vehicle purchase agreement he has written "warranty and protection are to be determined and may be removed".

He emailed me a link to the extended warranty information as well as links to various other protections available. The extended warranty link took me to a PDF file called PremiumCARE.pdf. This looks like a Ford Canada offering so I'm confused as to why his sales pitch focused exclusively on Tricare.

I'd like to purchase the best extended warranty and protection available so was hoping that someone could offer some advice as to what my best bet is.

Thanks

If you want an extended warranty, then I'd recommend buying one from Ford Motor Company. It's possible the salesperson gave you a link to an online Ford document to "imply" the Tricare warranty is backed by Ford. I'm not suggesting this was done intentionally, but you never know.

Problem with third-party warranties is you have no way of knowing if the warranty company will be in business when you need it. It's likely that Ford Canada will be there long after you sell or trade your new Explorer.

Hello all.

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario and just purchased a new 2017 Explorer Platinum from a local dealer. I'd like some advice on the extended warranty and protection the dealership has offered me.

The finance guy has suggested that I get Tricare Ultimate Coverage (84 months, $3,710 Canadian dollars - a Canadian dollar is worth about 75% of an American one), Tricare corrosion, Xzilon paint and interior protection along with the Tricare cosmetic rust warranty (M 3 way complete - 120 months - $2,299 Canadian dollars - includes 20 oil changes).

Since the vehicle has to come from Montreal (about 120 miles from Ottawa), I have a week or so to contemplate the extended warranty and protection package. In the remarks section of my vehicle purchase agreement he has written "warranty and protection are to be determined and may be removed".

He emailed me a link to the extended warranty information as well as links to various other protections available. The extended warranty link took me to a PDF file called PremiumCARE.pdf. This looks like a Ford Canada offering so I'm confused as to why his sales pitch focused exclusively on Tricare.

I'd like to purchase the best extended warranty and protection available so was hoping that someone could offer some advice as to what my best bet is.

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The PremiumCare is a Ford ESP offered in both Canada and the U.S. Since I lease my vehicles I'vs always gone the LeaseCare ESP. The vehicle is covered under the factory warranty for perforated corrosion for 5 years, unlimited mileage. Most salesman offer these packages because there is quite a bit of profit in them.
I'm surprised they have to bring one in from Montreal. I deal with Dupuis Ford Lincoln in Casselman and though I usually order mine, due to time constraints it wasn't possible this time. I wanted a Platinum in White Gold and the only dealership that had one was Sterling Ford so that is the one I ended up with after my dealer went and picked it up. I got a 48 month LeaseCare ESP for $1500 through the dealership. Good luck.
BTW, the Forum has a very handy 'Search' feature in the upper right that you should familiarize yourself with. You can also download the Owner's Guide and Warranty Guide etc. from here; https://owner.ford.com/tools/accoun...l?type=ymm&year=2017&make=Ford&model=Explorer

Peter

Ford ESP is the only one to consider. Skip all the interior protection, rust protection and any other protection except the actual ESP. Unfortunately you guys get raped up in Canada on the plans but I always buy them personally.

Ford ESP is the only one to consider. Skip all the interior protection, rust protection and any other protection except the actual ESP. Unfortunately you guys get raped up in Canada on the plans but I always buy them personally.
I agree on just getting the ESP. I believe the prices are higher here due higher labour and parts costs.

Hello all.

Thanks

Ottawa EX owner here also and I suggest to not buy the Tricare Ultimate Coverage, but pay a detail shop to add opti-coat and wrap the front end with 3M clear vinyl.
For ESP, good luck on your search to find a good price, as I have contacted most "high volume" dealerships across Canada and it's too expensive.

We picked up our 2017 Platinum today. We did not get the ESP plan yet. We are looking over our options. The 100K plan they wanted about $1,400. The 125K plan they wanted about $2,000. Seems like a lot more for just 25K more miles.

I'm at almost 32,000 miles & have had the Ex Platinum only 18 months so I need an extended warranty. I went to this website & saw the options but no prices. I just call them to get a quote & buy through them?

Go to the home page and look at the very bottom on the left where it says "quick quote". Enter some basic information and you'll get the quotes.

Go to the home page and look at the very bottom on the left where it says "quick quote". Enter some basic information and you'll get the quotes.

Thanks. I had used the link in this thread which took me past the home page. Very nice site.

Awesome, thanks!
It is best to call as sometimes email gets sent to Spam. I saw another post saying the extension may have changed to 1007. Try that if the other one doesn't work. Highly recommended by blwnsmoke.

It is best to call as sometimes email gets sent to Spam. I saw another post saying the extension may have changed to 1007. Try that if the other one doesn't work. Highly recommended by blwnsmoke.
I went to the dealer website & this is what they have. I would assume that the site is up to date. I'm going to send an email but will follow up with a call tomorrow. I need to get a plan quickly since I am so close to the end of the original warranty.

Joel Hawley
Internet Sales & Marketing
615-889-9215 x349

I went to the dealer website & this is what they have. I would assume that the site is up to date. I'm going to send an email but will follow up with a call tomorrow. I need to get a plan quickly since I am so close to the end of the original warranty.

Joel Hawley
615-889-9215 x349
Re the phone number, I assumed the same but thought I'd pass along the other info just in case. Good luck.

Peter

Joel Hawley
615-889-9215 x349

Extensions have changed.. they switched to a VOIP phone system

800-900-1000 x1007

Will these great deals in the US work For Canadians..if I have a US address?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will these great deals in the US work For Canadians..if I have a US address?
There are post in this thread that I believe say that you can.

Peter

Back