Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glad you all reminded me of the prorated refund. I have a 2011 fusion with 60k on it. I may get back ...what...$5? :shifty:
Less admin fees.:D

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you all reminded me of the prorated refund. I have a 2011 fusion with 60k on it. I may get back ...what...$5? :shifty:
Depends on length and mileage on original contract as well as if you've used it.

I've used it fairly regularly. I don't remember the term of the contract. I might have gotten 6 years 125k, I have less than 5 and 60k...so like I said $5.00 less admin fleas.

I think I got fleeced on my ESP... $2800 for 60 month 150,000 km. Haven't taken delivery yet so maybe I should delete that...

I think I got fleeced on my ESP... $2800 for 60 month 150,000 km. Haven't taken delivery yet so maybe I should delete that...
I paid $1510 + tax for 48 month, 80k kms. from the dealer. You can't compare our prices with those being offered in the U.S. Did you try getting a quote from this outfit (Barrie Ford)? http://fordesp.ca/

Peter

I think I paid about $1300 for 7 years and 100,000 miles. I'd delete that and shop around. I used Flood Ford. My dealer wouldn't even come close to matching their price.

I paid $1510 + tax for 48 month, 80k kms. from the dealer. You can't compare our prices with those being offered in the U.S. Did you try getting a quote from this outfit (Barrie Ford)? http://fordesp.ca/

Peter
Are you leasing your vehicle? If so, do you need ESP for leases?

Peter
Thanks Peter: I tried getting a quote from that website but it didn't seem to work. I have to do some googling to see if it's even worth it, I probably won't keep the vehicle much beyond 5 years anyway. Peace of mind is good though, I just don't know how to tell what a fair price is.

Are you leasing your vehicle? If so, do you need ESP for leases?
Yes, I'm leasing. Leasing is actually no different than buying in regards to the warranty.

Peter

I think I paid about $1300 for 7 years and 100,000 miles. I'd delete that and shop around. I used Flood Ford. My dealer wouldn't even come close to matching their price.
You forget that you are in the U.S. and the member you are replying to is not. BIG difference. That is why I mentioned it in my post. U.S. dealers are not supposed to sell to Canadian customers.

Peter

Also I'd add, not all warranties are equal. You tend to get what you pay for (within reason). Always good to shop around for the best price if you can. $1300 for 7 years/100K miles seems too good to be true, even in the states. Even with the warranty I got up here in Canada, there were several available tiers with difference prices, covering different things. I paid $2900 for 10 years/120,000 km for the top tier plan, although I might be putting on a hair more than 12,000km per year. I wonder if I can up it to 150,000km or if it's too late.

I paid $2900 for 10 years/120,000 km for the top tier plan, although I might be putting on a hair more than 12,000km per year. I wonder if I can up it to 150,000km or if it's too late.
Jeepers that's only $100 more than mine, I wonder if the price is based more on kms than years? The plan I selected was the platinum one, I think $0 deductible (like why have an extended warranty at all if you still need to pay?).

Jeepers that's only $100 more than mine, I wonder if the price is based more on kms than years? The plan I selected was the platinum one, I think $0 deductible (like why have an extended warranty at all if you still need to pay?).

There is no 10 year Ford warranty now is there a "Platinum" Ford warranty. If you are looking at 3rd party warranty companies, stick with Ford and only Ford.

There is no 10 year Ford warranty now is there a "Platinum" Ford warranty. If you are looking at 3rd party warranty companies, stick with Ford and only Ford.
Definitely only looking at the Ford one, but thanks for the warning :)

Kmarnes has a 3rd party warranty; not Ford ESP.
No dealership in all of Canada, can beat the US price; for the premium care.
After receiving several quotes and taking into consideration the FX; I will be buying my ESP from the US and using a relative's address; which is acceptable for Canadians.

Thanks everyone, a lot to think about here.

Yeah for me, I wasn't even offered the Ford Warranty. I was offered the one that deals with Fords and Audis, etc... at the dealer, not sure why. Perhaps more margin? I have a $50 deductible for fixes, but it covers basically everything (Platinum-ish level, top tier, whatever it was called).

Thats not correct. When I get a quote for my 2015 explorer, I can choose up to 11 year 140,000 mile Premium care warranty. This is because my vehicle is CPO vehicle which can have longer coverage.

Thats not correct. When I get a quote for my 2015 explorer, I can choose up to 11 year 140,000 mile Premium care warranty. This is because my vehicle is CPO vehicle which can have longer coverage.

Not through Ford. The max they do is 8 years on a new vehicle ESP (within 3yr/36k bumper to bumper).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back