New member with 2005 Explorer issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member with 2005 Explorer issue

Sluggo71

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer xls 4x4
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum site and hoping to get a little advice. My '05 Explorer has started to lose air pressure through the vents when accelerating. Doesn't matter if it's on a/c or just vent air. Air blows out floor vents until I reach cruising speed then blows out dash vents again. I have tried googling this and have gotten nowhere. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I have only had this vehicle about 6months so not very familiar with Explorers.

Since no one else has answered, maybe I can help. My vehicle is a 2002, so yours may be different. And maybe checking on YouTube will help. BUT, if it was me, I'd lower the glove box and follow the vacuum lines from the mode selector switch to each actuator to check if the vacuum hoses are attached -- or if the connection of the moving arm of the actuator is broken. It's not difficult to do and takes 20 minutes or so. Some are easily visible, others may need a 'feel' to figure it's condition.

We have another vacuum problem at the top of the first page right now. I thought the floor vent controller was a motorized flap modulator by the driver's right ankle, which would not respond to a vacuum leak. Apparently I was wrong. Anyway...something to consider while searching for the culprit. Which controls are vacuum motors and which are motorized flap controllers? I haven't been in that deep.:(

Back